I'm scared my cat might die

not to be a bearer of bad news but I hope they took an x ray to rule out that any was in her abdomen and balling up her intestinal tract. Have seen that a couple times. Hopefully she just had a small amt around her tongue and in her eosaphagus and will mend just fine:D

ya.gif
clap.gif
wee.gif

Amy, yes they did take an x ray. At first I was not very happy that they did it without contacting me and letting me know it was going to be another $55, but he was concerned that there was a needle at the end of that string. I don't sew, so that would have been a miracle. Anyway, I go get her tomorrow and I'm sure she will be ready to come home and get some lovin. My kids miss her really bad. I'm surprised that I miss her, too. I say that because I'm not a "cat" person. This is our first cat and she has stole our hearts because she is so sweet and puts up with my 6 and 2 yr old. She is a great cat and well worth the vet bill.
roll.png

So glad they checked her tummy. I know someone who had 2 sister cats that loved each other so very much. Before she was even a year old, one died because it had swallowed string and it strangled her intestines. It was so sad.

If it's any consolation, vet bills around here can be much worse. I've had $2,000 days (yup, that's 3 zeros) and plenty of $400-$600+ days for seemingly minor things. Hence, working 3 jobs! I had to laugh the other day. It was a grizzly cold day and BJ roo and hen Annie were miserable so I served them organic scrambled egg, warm organic oatmeal, cut up fruit and veggies, you get the picture. All the while I was snacking on a chocolate bar (well, more than one..). I bet I would feel a whole lot better if I ate what they ate - what we do for our furry and feathered kids!

JJ

TINSEL!!! Do you have tinsel on your Christmas tree? Cats eat tinsel and it is very harmful.

I'm very happy that you found her and got her to the vet. I have SIX cats and yes they do get into trouble and they do rack up the vet bills...but their love is well worth it.
smile.png

No tinsel here. He found the string it was caught under her tongue and she had swallowed the rest. Now, I have taken her back to the vet and now they have to do surgery on her. He did a barium x ray yesterday and the barium has not moved through, so there is a blockage somewhere. I am at my wits end. I'm sitting her in tears, knowing we can't afford this, having already spent like $1200 in vet bills this month alone. The vet is so sweet I can pay like $200 and then pay the rest out, hopefully it won't be over $200, but it could go into the $1000 range. I was supposed to go do the rest of my shopping today and now there is nothing there to shop with as far as $$ goes. Oh well, I am going to remember the reason for the season and rejoice in that. Thanks for listening guys.
wink.png

do what you think is best, sometimes we just cant afford , our pets surgerys, and it may be better to euthanize.im sorry you are having thei happen right at christmas time.

I'm so sorry about your kitty. I hope she pulls through ok. Sometimes they eat the oddest things, and thread/string is certainly high up there. Sounds like your vet is working hard to help you, and that's wonderful.

Money's tight for us this year, too, so I feel your pain. No matter how much is under the tree, though, my kids are still estatic. And we are painting eggs for tree decorations to use as presents. Honestly, I still have the odd looking creations (salt dough) from my neice and nephew last year, and love 'em. Can't remember what else I got though, which goes to show you that it isn't about money.

Meghan

You are very right Lacy. I am going to let him do this surgery to see if it is a "easy fix", but if her intestines have started to die off, I can't afford a resection of her bowels, so I will have to make that heartbreaking decision to put her down. I'm so upset right now.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom