I'm Sending Feed to be Analyzed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
1675208616629.png
Oh, almost 4 Million commercial table layers lost to AI in December 2022. Same USDA APHIS Source as above.

View attachment 3391969Oh, almost 4 Million commercial table layers lost to AI in December 2022. Same USDA APHIS Source as above.
I've monitored APHIS on this and it still boggles my mind at the size of an operation for over a million birds at a time, 100k even. It also helps me visualize the battery conditions

Food - human and Pet - is HIGHLY regulated in the US. But its also Labyrinth-like in the details. Who regulates a particular food, and to what standard, has as much to do with different ingredients as it does with particular departments.

Pepperoni Pizza? Inspected three times by USDA. Slaughterhouse, Pepperoni Production factory, final pizza assembly.

Cheese Pizza? FDA. Once at the end.

Its so laughable we've been talking about fixing it for decades, but neither USDA nor FDA will cede turf, and its not a "vote getter" for Congress, so...

But yes, I can understand why you would assume the US was more competent. Sadly, we aren't.
I really thought this would get a laugh from you Perris. We had all those European examples to learn from, and we learned.... nothing. Then made it worse.

The food safety and modernization law mentioned in one of the links? Mostly labelling and tracking requirements. Its been great for the plaintiff's bar bringing class actions, but even USDA and FDA admit its had almost no impact on either overall food safety, or on tracing sources of contamination after the fact. Its too much data for anyone to monitor, the really important stuff is easily lost in the noise.

Every year my chickens almost or completely quit laying from November to January, and I just assumed that's what chickens do. Who knew it was THE MAN trying to screw me over all along. :th

Don't waste your time or money. If it turns out the feed is exactly as stated on the label with nothing nefarious added, they will just come up with reasons why your test wasn't accurate or applicable to them.

I don't mind. It's not that expensive. I've had forage tested before. I'm just waiting for the folks who are convinced our chickens are being manipulated by The Man to tell me which labs. I'm getting crickets... Folks would rather talk about it than actually do anything about it. Their silence is rather proving my point.
X1000

Lots of folks get their feed tested. Two folks on BYC recommended Midwest Labs, so that's who I was going to use.

I've had UC Davis test forage and soil, but seeing as how they are funded largely by the state, I figured the folks blaming the government for tainting the feed wouldn't appreciate that.
I hear Midwest labs is in cahoots with the government to inject egg laying ceasing chemicals into their lay pellets.

I hear Midwest labs is in cahoots with the government to inject egg laying ceasing chemicals into their lay pellets.
You're probably right. I'm sure Bill Gates or the Koch brothers own the restaurant where a friend of a friend had lunch with the former car detailer of the assistant to one of the Midwest Labs' board member's neighbors.

You're probably right. I'm sure Bill Gates or the Koch brothers own the restaurant where a friend of a friend had lunch with the former car detailer of the assistant to one of the Midwest Labs' board member's neighbors.
As a firmer car salesman, my dad always says never to trust a car saleaman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom