I'm Sending Feed to be Analyzed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I still can find NO ONE who is willing to send me their affected feed. I just joined 2 more FB pages for chickens and have sent out requests. So far, no one I can find is concerned about their feed.

I'll keep trying.
It's interesting that no one wants to send you their afflicted feed, because I see plenty who say they switched and wouldn't you know the next day ... 🥚🥚🥚🥚🥚🥚.

(editing because I see some have sent samples your way - and don't want to get jumped!) :oops:

If the results reflect the label, the naysayers will say it's the batch you got, because some batches are 👌and that's why some people don't have issues. 🤪 Luck of the draw.

Btw, I feed kalmbach flock maker 20% and my girls haven't laid since they molted in the fall. Then, just last week when I changed nothing about my feeding routine I found an 🥚. My other girls still refused to give up the goods. Until the other day 🥚🥚my egg laying doubled! I'm still holding out for my last one or um, she's holding out on me.

(Sadly, I'm down to only 3 chickens. Plus 2 new bantams I just picked up, but I don't know if the hen is laying yet - the guy wasn't 💯 on her age and the darn rooster will probably never lay an 🥚for me no matter what feed he gets. 🤣 And, I guess nobody cares about what ducks are eating these days. 😉)

:oops:

In all seriousness, I'm here for the results. :thumbsup

:pop

Last edited:
I get everyone's concerns. I *would* purchase a new bag, but no one in this area is having problems. Someone brought up it might be a bad batch or something.

If something negative turns up, I will let the company know.
I was under the impression that companies routinely test their feed. So, if there was an issue, wouldn't they know? 🤔

When I thought my dog got sick from her food, the company asked me for the batch, date etc... asked me to send them a sample. They also informed me that each batch is tested. I didn't send it because my dog actually passed away before I got the return envelope. She had massive tumors that ruptured which we were unaware of. But, believe me initially I was blaming her sickness on the food.

Last edited:
I was under the impression that companies routinely test their feed. So, if there was an issue, wouldn't they know? 🤔

When I thought my dog got sick from her food, the company asked me for the batch, date etc... asked me to send them a sample. They also informed me that each batch is tested. I didn't send it because my dog actually passed away before I got the return envelope. She had massive tumors that ruptured and we were unaware of. But, believe me initially I was blaming her sickness on the food.
:hugs So sorry you lost your dog, Maizie. The people who are saying their chickens have stopped laying due to changes in the feed are accusing the feed companies of nefariously CAUSING the problem by deliberately sabatoging the feed formulas. So not only do they know there's a problem, they are allegedly responsible for it.

:hugs So sorry you lost your dog, Maizie. The people who are saying their chickens have stopped laying due to changes in the feed are accusing the feed companies of nefariously CAUSING the problem by deliberately sabatoging the feed formulas. So not only do they know there's a problem, they are allegedly responsible for it.
Thank you. She was the best. It's been years, but the whole incident was unbelievable.

As far as the feed companies being in cahoots, that figures. 😉

Thank you. She was the best. It's been years, but the whole incident was unbelievable.

As far as the feed companies being in cahoots, that figures. 😉
Well, that's the accusation anyway. Many of us aren't buying it. Last year my hens laid practically zero eggs from about mid-August when they went into molt until nearly March. By the time they finished molting, the sun had gone on vacation to points south, and with the short days the girls just decided to go on vacation till it came back ... this of course had nothing to do with feed or a government conspiracy or alien abductions or anything else. Short days equals few to no eggs. Apparently somebody, noticing a reduction in egg production, switched feed about the time of the winter solstice; their hens subsequently began laying again due to increased daylight hours at the same time they switched feed brands, and the chicken keeper added two and two together and came up with 22: a government conspiracy involving tainted chicken feed.

Well, that's the accusation anyway. Many of us aren't buying it. Last year my hens laid practically zero eggs from about mid-August when they went into molt until nearly March. By the time they finished molting, the sun had gone on vacation to points south, and with the short days the girls just decided to go on vacation till it came back ... this of course had nothing to do with feed or a government conspiracy or alien abductions or anything else. Short days equals few to no eggs. Apparently somebody, noticing a reduction in egg production, switched feed about the time of the winter solstice; their hens subsequently began laying again due to increased daylight hours at the same time they switched feed brands, and the chicken keeper added two and two together and came up with 22: a government conspiracy involving tainted chicken feed.

and the eggs they're laying were probably released 24 - 48 hours before the feed switch, so those eggs were made (mostly) with the nutrients from the "old, bad" feed.

and the eggs they're laying were probably released 24 - 48 hours before the feed switch, so those eggs were made (mostly) with the nutrients from the "old, bad" feed.
I've read a lot of accounts of, "I switched feed and they started laying the next day!"

But to be fair, I've also read a few that say the eggs started coming a few weeks after the switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom