I'm Sending Feed to be Analyzed

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Japan, 1 bird that is suspicious of being sick the entire flock at that big farm is culled, no questions asked. All based on SUSPICION.

You mean o

found the vegan šŸ¤£
Yeah I am vegan, as most of the members here already know, that has nothing to do with my argument about contaminated feed or the conspiracy theories being thrown around :hmm

And the info about Japan and bird culls has nothing to do with what I said either?

Having issues finding "bad feed." No one around here seems to have problems with the TSC feeds in question.

Anyone have some they'd be willing to send me?
Our hens were laying 7-10 eggs/day with the cooler weather, but just 2 days ago we began feeding them from 4 new bags of Purina's Pride from TSC. And -- BAM! -- they laid only 2 eggs yesterday, 2 today, and none for several days in one secret egg laying area that has an egg appear like clockwork every 2 days. Weather's been warm for several days, too. It's like they were reading the news and saw the bad feed stories! Sure, message me and I'll be glad to send you a sample.

Our hens were laying 7-10 eggs/day with the cooler weather, but just 2 days ago we began feeding them from 4 new bags of Purina's Pride from TSC. And -- BAM! -- they laid only 2 eggs yesterday, 2 today, and none for several days in one secret egg laying area that has an egg appear like clockwork every 2 days. Weather's been warm for several days, too. It's like they were reading the news and saw the bad feed stories! Sure, message me and I'll be glad to send you a sample.
I'll let you message me.

Edit: Pretty sure it takes longer than overnight to see changes, unless it's the stress of an abrupt change. It takes about 25 hours just for an egg to form. But who knows?

(Disclaimer: I didn't read through the whole thread) My hens quit laying right before Halloween, which is abnormal. My oldest hens will be 3 in May and my youngest will be 1 in July. I have a very wide variety of breeds. I've gone through several winters with chickens, so I know that my older girls won't lay much (if at all) through winter. I only have 4 that are 3 years old right now- I have 25+ that are under 2 years old. We did not get a single egg from late October- early January. We usually buy locally milled feed, but we were consistently buying Tractor Supply chicken feed at that time because our schedules made it difficult to get to our local co-op during the week (they're not open on weekends and close at 4:30pm during the week) We put a light in our coop and went back to our local co-op's feed and within a few days, we started getting eggs. We're up to 17 a day now. Coincidence? Maybe... But when so many people are having the same experience, I'm inclined to believe something else is going on. Like so many others, I don't have any feed to send you because I fed it to my birds and stopped buying it when I suspected a problem.

(Disclaimer: I didn't read through the whole thread) My hens quit laying right before Halloween, which is abnormal. My oldest hens will be 3 in May and my youngest will be 1 in July. I have a very wide variety of breeds. I've gone through several winters with chickens, so I know that my older girls won't lay much (if at all) through winter. I only have 4 that are 3 years old right now- I have 25+ that are under 2 years old. We did not get a single egg from late October- early January. We usually buy locally milled feed, but we were consistently buying Tractor Supply chicken feed at that time because our schedules made it difficult to get to our local co-op during the week (they're not open on weekends and close at 4:30pm during the week) We put a light in our coop and went back to our local co-op's feed and within a few days, we started getting eggs. We're up to 17 a day now. Coincidence? Maybe... But when so many people are having the same experience, I'm inclined to believe something else is going on. Like so many others, I don't have any feed to send you because I fed it to my birds and stopped buying it when I suspected a problem.

Chickens are most productive in the first two years of their lives. They have their first molt after 18 months, usually when daylight is less. September through February is molting season, and most usually take a break to regrow their feathers in that time. When daylight and weather conditions improve, if you've had a snowy, crummy winter, they begin laying more.

When it was 70+ outside just a few weeks ago, I was getting anywhere between 11 and 16 eggs from 19 hens. My oldest hens are 3, as well. But then our weather went to pot and now I'm getting 3 - 5 daily. It hit 70 today and I got 8. Sunshine and weather are super important.

Chickens are most productive in the first two years of their lives. They have their first molt after 18 months, usually when daylight is less. September through February is molting season, and most usually take a break to regrow their feathers in that time. When daylight and weather conditions improve, if you've had a snowy, crummy winter, they begin laying more.

When it was 70+ outside just a few weeks ago, I was getting anywhere between 11 and 16 eggs from 19 hens. My oldest hens are 3, as well. But then our weather went to pot and now I'm getting 3 - 5 daily. It hit 70 today and I got 8. Sunshine and weather are super important.
Yes, I understand that- that's why I clarified the ages of my birds... I have 4 hens that will be 3 in May- everyone else is under 2 years old, some are in their first winter. I'm in Minnesota, my birds always molt in the fall. Also we've had a very mild winter this year, the warmest winter since we first got chickens actually. Last year was brutal and we still got a few eggs almost every day. But last year our schedules were different and we only bought feed from our local co-op. I don't know for sure what's going on, but I do know that enough people were having the same problem for it to be weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom