I'm setting eggs tonight 2/2/12, any hatching buddies out there wanna join me?

Soaring chicks....do you sell your eggs? I really want to do some blrw at some point this spring, they are sooooo pretty! Thanks for the advice! Now the countdown to lockdown!

yes i do sell hatching eggs. mine have really just started back laying after the molt and we did not use heat or lights this year.
i have some test hatchers that i have to fill first to make sure they are up to shipping. then i will start selling them when im not hatching.
i have 2 blrw hens for sale now a splash and a blue.

yeah i had to candle too. i went ahead and candled Po really did a number on the 2/2 eggs scrambled most the eggs but do have a few of each breed that was shipped. i had some really outstanding chicks hatch for my oe flock I cant wait to see this bunch hatch.

I am incubating a few blue eggs, and white rocks... while incubating my first batch of Ancona duck egg from my flock. Saturday will be the last of my turning, then lock down and waiting time... (not my favorite time of the incubation period).

Hope you have a great hatch. I had my hatcher full (which has the full view door)So had to use the hatch tray in one of my Bators. I can hear peeps but Have eggs in the turn trays and cant see anything. It drives me crazy.
So I feel your pain.

Soaring chicks....what do you have hatching?? I go into lockdown on Monday & have cleared my schedule for Thurs & Fri so I can watch the little fuzz butts hatch for the first time!! I can't wait! I might candle one more time tonight, I have one suspected blood ring, all others look as tho they have something going on in them, I can't wait! (oh I said that already!!)

Soaring chicks....what do you have hatching?? I go into lockdown on Monday & have cleared my schedule for Thurs & Fri so I can watch the little fuzz butts hatch for the first time!! I can't wait! I might candle one more time tonight, I have one suspected blood ring, all others look as tho they have something going on in them, I can't wait! (oh I said that already!!)

I have Blue Jersey Giants,Auburn Javas,BLRW's,Olive Egg Layers (JG X OEL & Lav Am X Auburn Java) I think that is it for this one. im fixing to get top SQ Black Javas eggs to be shipped soon and Im getting SQ BLUE jg's too soon
I'll have to take pictures of the chicks and post them for ya'll.
If you want I can post a few of the breeders of the chicks

Last edited:
Can you believe I'm away for the weekend...I get back on Tuesday just in time to put my eggs in lockdown...I had booked this holiday before I got the eggs but had to time it so i could be back for lockdown...I have a friend who knows nothing about chickens watching them...they'll be fine as long as they keep the water in there...I hope...
I would have like to go into lockdown on Monday but Tuesday will have to do....

Back
Top Bottom