I'm setting eggs tonight 2/2/12, any hatching buddies out there wanna join me?

Lockdown is Thursday for me. I candled the eggs yesterday and took out 7 clears. I have one turkey and one chicken egg that I don't expect to hatch, but left in the bator anyway. That leaves me expecting 9 turkey and hopefully 23 chicks to hatch.

So I just candled the eggs for the final time, lockdown is tmrw! I had a suspected blood ring egg last week, left it in the bator since I wasn't sure what I was actually looking at. Today when I candled it again, it looked different than last week, so maybe it isnt a blood ring after all. It actually looks like all 15 eggs are viable, where as last week I thought only 13 were viable. I'm glad I didn't toss any questionable ones. I guess we just wait & see what happens when they hatch this week. I can't wait till Thursday!!!!
yesss.gif

No we got lucky and got not a flake of snow.
Also thank you.

I will take pictures tonight I have 1 more jg to hatch . Candled it could see its heart beating so it the hatch tray back in really fast has not pipped yet so should still be ok. That's why I candle all my eggs before I toss them .
I have a olive egger crossed with a blue jersey giant that has a peacomb and by the wing feathers that are in on day 5
I think it will be a mottled color it's blk/wht big fluffy muffs and beard
I pray it is a girl along with my other 5 that hatched w/peacomb.
I'll take (hopefully single pictures of those)

Hi Soaring Chicks. I was wondering about your bronze turkeys, do you sell any eggs? I have bourbon reds and blue slates, maybe we can do some trading later when they start laying good. I am Ritchie Co, WV. If you would be interested let me know, Thanks.

Hi Soaring Chicks. I was wondering about your bronze turkeys, do you sell any eggs? I have bourbon reds and blue slates, maybe we can do some trading later when they start laying good. I am Ritchie Co, WV. If you would be interested let me know, Thanks.

hello,
my Wishard Bronze Turkeys just started breeding. This is the first year for them. I ordered eggs from the same breeder just incase I did not have any by April. The first and biggest tom could not get his act together and actully hurt himself (well she hurt him telling him to get lost) So I put my more of a pet tom in and what do you know he got the job done. Boy was she ever so happy too. Those big boys just smashed the crap out of the hens while trying to learn.
To bad your not closer you could come on out and get some poults when they hatch. I noticed my call ducks are starting to breed or try for some,but yes when I know the will hatch after they start laying I will sell or swap some. incase you are wondering what they look like here you go. ( sorry Blueberry for Hi jacking the thread)
the Get R Done tom
Pretty Girl doing the mating dance.

Back
Top Bottom