Im sick of people shoving this away it NEEDS to be noted!!!!

I'd like to think they do have emotions (they seem like they do to me but I could just be projecting).
Even is they don't, they deserve a good life. Nothing should be kept in a tiny cage like that - they are living creatures and deserve to be treated as such - not just egg-laying machines.

Unfortunately, you're preaching to the choir here. We are all chicken people here!
smile.png

Better and more effective to get the message out to the people who are unaware of where that chicken in the styrofoam tray came from, where those store eggs came from. The problem is how - do you have a plan in mind?

They absolutley do have emotions..
Maybe not exactly like humans.. but still they DO feel things and have fear and boredom and pain and hunger...

No CAFOS for beef and industrial breeding/feeding operations for pigs is not sustainable and should not be tolerated. Think about that when you are boying a petite sirloin at Wal-Mart for $2.99 a pund or pork for under $2 a pound. That's not sustainable and the costs are passed on to us in enviormental degradation and other illnessess. It's not just chickens.
old.gif

I know ours as young as they are, have feelings. Melody/Mel Mom's Sultan was acting distressed this morning 'cause we put the 4 LF chicks out in the coop for the 1st night. They were raised from day 1 and are 7w/o now, I know ours feel we care, just by the way the come running to me for attention. So I'd never believe anyone that says they're just chickens.

Most people don't want the lecture and couldn't care less about the welfare of the chicken, sadly. I try a different approach. I say something like this: 'I wouldn't eat an egg from a battery hen because the conditions they live in are completely unsanitary, the birds are stressed and the eggs produced are inferior and can even make you sick! Nope, not for me! I try to be more careful of what I shove down my throat!'

Most people are more thoughtful of their own health even if they couldn't care less about the welfare of others, much less a chicken.

Back
Top Bottom