Im sick of people shoving this away it NEEDS to be noted!!!!

Chickengal505

Songster
10 Years
Jan 4, 2010
Bolivia N.C
uggg everyone i meet i give them the "battery hen lecture" They just say well there just chickens they dont have emotions... UUUMMMM YA they do!!!!! grrrrr image a life with nothing but sadness to look forward to... whos with me?

Quote:
clap.gif
I agree.

Im not exactly sure if they have emotions or not, but they do deserve a WAY better life. It should be illegal to have them confined in small cages with hardly enough room to walk for their whole life, it's just cruel

Emotions I have noted in my hens (because of the sounds they make and body language):

extreme joy
fear
disappointment
being sneaky
bowing to me or another hen
snuggly mood
greed
pain
ho-hum just another day
sleepy
hungry
proud

These are the ones we feel too!

I'm almost positive they all have emotions... Ummmm OH! okay so I walk in to my coop the gals come to meet me but there all scared and all this hiding behind me and "crying" Go to collect eggs with a hen in my arms she freaks out and burys her head im the crook of my arm making soft "bawk bawk bawk" noises and BOOM in the boxs right in front of my face there is a HUGE black snake... I swear they where scared of it and thats why the were acting off that day...

I doubt they have emotions but everything should have a more natural life and be treated better.

Back
Top Bottom