I'm sick of shipped chicks!!!!!

chickeneyfoot

Chirping
8 Years
Dec 17, 2011
I've bought day olds from many different reputable breeders and I've had as many as 5 die in each batch! I'm so mad! Ive talked to people who bought from these different people and they never had problems. What am I doing wrong? I give them electrolytes for the first 3 days and they are on reg chick crumble. The heat, brooder, and water are all perfect!! They just get weak and get trampled and die.. What am I doing wrong?!?! I am so upset. I know it's not those breeders fault. I don't know what im doing wrong.

I have about 25 chicks in a 10X5 brooder. I don't think it's too small. The chicks just get weak and lay down.

I also lost two of my bearded D'Anvers. Just got them last Wed. One died Sat. the other Mon. The heat is right, using chick-saver in water. I was told to switch to medicated feed. Was using plain chick starter. Bought some yesterday. So far so good. Mine were so tiny. They couldn't walk in the shavings, wings held straight down. Makes me think they were shipped too soon after hatching. No room in the small box either. Heat pack in the middle, couldn't move around. Mine did just like yours so heartbreaking
hit.gif
Wish you all the luck.

I also lost two of my bearded D'Anvers. Just got them last Wed. One died Sat. the other Mon. The heat is right, using chick-saver in water. I was told to switch to medicated feed. Was using plain chick starter. Bought some yesterday. So far so good. Mine were so tiny. They couldn't walk in the shavings, wings held straight down. Makes me think they were shipped too soon after hatching. No room in the small box either. Heat pack in the middle, couldn't move around. Mine did just like yours so heartbreaking
hit.gif
Wish you all the luck.
It really sucks when a chick dies!!!! :((

Back
Top Bottom