I'm so gonna be a jerk and vent on the sly

Ask him to help you make the list of all that needs to be done and have him help you figure out a less time-consuming way. That way you are asking for his input in solving what he doesn't know is a problem and he won't take it as a criticism he'll take it as his opinion being valued.

Remember, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink, unless it's a male horse and he thinks it's his idea.

Quote:
I've been trying to noodle out a way to get him on an operant conditioning schedule like the horses. He just doesn't react positively to the clicker.
hu.gif

Quote:
I've been trying to noodle out a way to get him on an operant conditioning schedule like the horses. He just doesn't react positively to the clicker.
hu.gif

lol.png
Are you my long lost twin? I too have battled Lyme Disease to the point now where they call it Chronic (but I'm in remission, have been for a year, YAY! Usually I am sick twice a year and need TONS of antibiotics and all that.). I know EXACTLY where you are coming from! My husband is the same way to a tee. He gets super defensive and starts a fight if I tell him he didn't do something correctly, even when I am sweet and gentle about it. He does things half ____ all the time too when it comes to animal chores. It drives me nuts! And it's such a waste of energy to be really sick and have him go do something only for you to have to drag your butt out there and redo it!
Scary how similar this is!
gig.gif

Quote:
hu.gif

lol.png
Are you my long lost twin? I too have battled Lyme Disease to the point now where they call it Chronic (but I'm in remission, have been for a year, YAY! Usually I am sick twice a year and need TONS of antibiotics and all that.). I know EXACTLY where you are coming from! My husband is the same way to a tee. He gets super defensive and starts a fight if I tell him he didn't do something correctly, even when I am sweet and gentle about it. He does things half ____ all the time too when it comes to animal chores. It drives me nuts! And it's such a waste of energy to be really sick and have him go do something only for you to have to drag your butt out there and redo it!
Scary how similar this is!
gig.gif

That's just plain freaky! Let's hope that the similarities stop at the chronic thing. I feel a lot better, but I can tell my knee is going to be an ongoing problem. Do you know about how long you had Lyme before your first treatments?

Quote:
My DH has this too from college football and cant remember anything. I tried the list things too and you know what? He forgot where he put his list...no kidding. He set it down and then couldnt remember where. This happens everyday!!!!!! So, I feel your pain!

I hope you feel better soon!
hugs.gif

You're not being a jerk. However, you might be unrealistic. My DH is coming along with respect to taking care of our animals but he hasn't even started showing an interest in the chickens. Honestly, I would give our birds away before expecting him to take care of them properly.

Lyme could last a long time. MIL had it and it really took her down. Do you have any other resources? Some people just aren't cut out for that kind of thing.

Gosh, I feel for you, my mom had Lyme Disease last year.

I also understand about the DB, in my case DH, they (most) try to help us out when they can and sometimes we need to close a blind eye to what they forget to do (not everything). My DH has been doing chicken chores since I started working full time again and he gets home before I do. I am sure he is not happy about it, but he does it. Sometimes when I have to go out there anyway, the feeders are pretty empty or he forgets to gather the eggs etc.

Back
Top Bottom