IM SO MAD!!!! do i have a right to be????

I don't know if it's been said (didn't read a few pages in the middle) but you can take her to small claims court for the replacement value of the items her dog destroyed while on your property. It doesn't matter if he chewed a porch swing or a chicken, she has to replace it.

Do you have an incubator or a broody? I'd be happy send you some silkie eggs to hatch (free...but I will include a bill for court purposes...on letterhead, with website links so they can look it up themselves!)
wink.png

I would definitely tell that woman she will NOT talk to your son like that again!! All these comparisons " what IF it was a child in your yard (not a chicken) and the beagle came over? Sounds ridiculous to me , I don't know any fire breathing beagles, I sure there must be some. But just because a dog kills chickens doesn't make him public anemy no. 1 as far as children are concerned.
If the dog is people friendly, take him for a ride to the fartherest animal shelter you can find. Then develop amnesia.

I'm thinking if you put up electric fencing - this pain in the butt neighbor, would complain that your darn fencing injured her poor loose beagle.

I've been in a quandry on this chicken safety thing. You let your chickens out in your yard to "play". You expect them to stay home which as a general rule they do. The neighbors have dogs or whatever and they let them out to play also. They expect them to stay home also. They don't. So they roam to find some to have fun with and chase. They find some chickens running free in your yard. Then the problems start. Now the one at fault here is the dog owner. I will let any of my animals out to play in my yard and expect it to be able to play safely at all times. Oh except for an occasional hawk or such bird of prey. Now if I let a 3 month old puppy out to play and the neighbors dog killed it, that somehow is different than the same dog killing turkeys or chickens. That thinking process I do not comprehend.

So in order for my birds or the puppy to be safe in my yard, I have to make "my" place look like a prison with fence and razor wire in order for me to do what the neighbor failed to do, keep the dog away from my yard. I am expected to keep to keep the dog out instead of the neighbor keeping the dog home. Y'alls peoples thinking process has me baffled confused for sure. Around here, neighbor be darn. My yard is mine and what goes on there is for me to control, not some out of control dog the neighbor lets run at will. Period.

You let it happen and do nothing, you deserve what you get in that case. The the only ones that pays is the chickens, with their lives. Heck that's not all that bad considering the faultless neighbor will be happy with you. That's what counts.

I keep trying to figure it out but I ain't there yet.

Quote:
I had a broody
sad.png
but thank you so much for the offer.

Well next time you get a broody, don't hesitate to message me. I will send you a dozen silkie eggs!
smile.png

The chickens were on your property... you totally have the right to be upset with this irresponsible neighbor. Your chickens do not have to be penned up as long as they STAY on YOUR property....
Matter of fact, after the neighbor said that to me, it would have gotten reeeal ugly...

Your birds are your property. ON your property. If the dog had come and dug up a rosebush and toted it home, you'd be mad. If the dog came and stole all your kids toys from the yard, you'd be mad. Why is it that the dog should be able to come take and damage your prperty bc that property is a chicken?

Back
Top Bottom