IM SO MAD!!!! do i have a right to be????

Quote:
I had a similar situation where a neighboring neighbor's dog was loose and dug under the fence and attacked my flock on three different occasions. I returned the dog the first time (because I caught it in the act) and the owner went all Jerry Springer on me. The second attack, I was able to contain the dog and it was then picked up by animal control and impounded for several days. She was moving out of the neighborhood
wee.gif
on the day of the third and final attack. Luckily I didn't lose any birds in any of the attacks. Good riddance.

Last edited:
Did you do something yet? Don't want the dog having a second chance now! It's really sad that you found a chicken in a trashcan. I would be in tears.. And for someone to do that... Treating the chicken like trash. That grinds my gears. The world doesn't need yucky people who are so mean to animals like that.

Make sure you make an official report. If it becomes an ongoing situation, you will need the documentation. "If it aint written down, it didn't happen." Don't trust your neighbor to tell the truth, even to the Law.

Have we beaten this topic to death yet?

1. Chicken owners have a right to free-range their chickens.
2. Dog owners need to be responsible for their dogs and if you can't control them, don't have them.
3. Things happen. Some of them are good, some not.
4. If someone's animal comes on your property and attacks your livestock, you have the right to shoot it.
5. If your animal attacks someone else's livestock, please act responsibly and courteously. Don't place blame.
6. Bitterness and unforgiveness is like taking poison and hoping the other person dies. It only hurts yourself.
7. There are many different predators that will go after chickens. We need to do our best to keep them safe.
8. They are not "just chickens," they are members of our family and we do grieve for them when something happens to them.

Quote:
I had a broody
sad.png
but thank you so much for the offer.

Well next time you get a broody, don't hesitate to message me. I will send you a dozen silkie eggs!
smile.png

Thanks you.
smile.png

been having the same problem "neighboor dog has killed 7hens in two years "and when he finally could not get into backyard he started using his house as his personal toilet ,pissing on everything he can. lifts his leg on kids toys,shoes,garbage cans,car tires,everything in garage that touches the floor.well couple weeks ago ,I was cleaning out chicken coop . had bad asthma attack ,ran up to house thru garage to look for inhaler, was gone about 20min or so. feeling better, started back outside . Then can hear my rooster and hens "FREAKING-OUT" been had a skunk around here lately kinda scared of that! so doubled back and grabbed old bb gun. flew down to the coop. feathers flying everywhere!crouch down take aim at doorway.then neighboors dog comes flying out ,latched on to tail feathers of hen.he sees me same time I realize its him again, the dog stops then bolts out of the hen yard. scared and shocked ,
I took the shot. got lucky I guess, .

any way.. today I had a full swat team search my house for a bb gun.I confessed.
apparently its only legal to "kill" a dog if it is attacking you chickens.If you" wound" it and it lives
"you only get sued for the vet bills"I'm in tears.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom