I'm SOO MAD! Hit and run w/car

Nice Car! Here is an Idea, take a toilette plunger and stick it in the center of the "ding", and pop it back out, I saw the guy at a collision garage do that to some poor fella and then he probably charged him $$$$$$ for something he could do himself!!! :eek:

sorry about your troubles.

Quote:
Well.. I'm a kid from that area... Been in the area all 21 years of my life. The problem is much larger than just a few unruly kids. 60% of our school is considered mobile... they have changed residence more than twice in the academic year. I remember a time when Boeing had a big layoff and about 30% of our school got peanut butter sandwiches for lunch because their parents couldn't afford it anymore.

In hs I did tutoring for some of these "challenged" kids though a local program at our school. No matter how much you tried to help, even with collaborating with staff, you couldn't get them to do their work half the time because of the enormous family issues they were dealing with. And I am disappointed at our local school for the changes they have made because of getting this HUGE grant from bill gates. They made communication with staff harder and parent teacher contact has deteriorated because of the junk the teachers had to deal with in the new system. All that money made the school look nice and the education decrease in bounds. The changes went so bad that we lost 3 of our very good teachers as they did not agree or like the changes that were occurring. The problem isn't the kids that go to those youth centers either, there is even a new basketball court for them that is covered and well lit with plenty of parking. It's the ones who don't participate and instead do things that are unruly. Some of the adults in the area are just as bad. The place isn't quite as bad as needing to lock the class room doors when class starts but it's pretty bad compared to the other communities in the general area. Especially the ones closer to the lakes and beach.

One of the problems too is the management of the city was poor in that area. They made a housing price cap on it and that, rather than allowing for expansion of the housing for low income families, just drew away investors and some places are not maintained well because they don't want to spend the money on fixing things that they are not allowed to charge extra for.

I've participated with the community, like many other do, just that that particular part of town is not good.

On a sunnier note, I took my car up to the shop and they will fix it right up! They are going to remove the rear bumper, fix that, take out the rear windows, reshape the side of the car to give the flare back as it was creased in, repaint and blend that quarter panel to match everything else, and knock out a separate ding on that same side. Can't wait for it to be repaired. I know where the parking lot cameras are now too so I'll just park under those.

Back
Top Bottom