I'm soooo excited!!!!

Katy

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Jun 29, 2007
Kansas~50+ yrs of chickens
Yesterday one of my 5 month old speckled sussex laid her first egg!!!! Then just now my 6 month old Blue Wyandotte laid her first egg!!!!! Yay!!! My husband asked me why I was so excited since I've got eggs running out of my ears from my laying flock. Now he really thinks I'm nuts.

That's wonderful, Kitty! I cant wait till my current almost-to-laying-age group gets started. The oldest one of them is my EE, June, and then the rest are 18 and 17 weeks old. There are about 18 of them, so soon, I'll be overrun with cute little pullet eggs.

My hubby just doesn't understand why I get so excited when I start finding pullet eggs......I'm glad you guys do!!
smile.png

Congratulations!!!! That is so awesome. My husband doesn't understand either. After I got home from the auction he wouldn't speak to me all night just because I happened to come home with a very small mottled chick.
lol.png

I wasn't. In fact I was in line to pay for my bales of straw (2.80 ea is that a good price?) and the guy who purchased the lot of 12 chicks was in front of me. Anyway I had looked at them and she had caught my eye, but I was not buying. Well I paid .75 for her, and she broke one of my broodies.

She is such a cutie too.

Back
Top Bottom