I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Nuggetsowner:), Sep 15, 2007.

1. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Songster

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Nugget- To put your mind at ease... sometimes they will lay one egg then wait a couple days before laying another... I have a few that did this to me. It can take anywhere from 2 to 10 days from what I have read and experianced personally.

And no, NON chicken people just dont get it!!!!!!!!!!! Even some chicken chicken people such as my DH dont even get it LOL... he cant understand how I get so excited [​IMG]

2. Nuggetsowner:)

Nuggetsowner:) Songster

Aug 2, 2007
    Minnesota
    My DH just shakes his head and says "yes dear, that is exciting" but I know he doesn't mean it!!!

3. lurky

lurky Songster

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Congratulation .......I think i will keep complaining though [​IMG]

4. Arklady

Arklady Songster

Jan 30, 2007
    Kansas
    I have a whole pen full of almost layers lol. I hatched them out this spring and I am looking every day. I have like 20 pullets and I am just waiting for the first egg. Their parents have stopped laying for a moult but I was getting extra large eggs from my Marans and this is their first hatch season babies and I am happy happy happy with the babies.

I keep thinking of posting a picture of my birds but can't remember to do it. They are growing so big! They are so nice and docile. I really like my Marans.

Arklady

5. hipmarye

hipmarye Songster

Apr 12, 2007
    Mississippi
    [​IMG]
    Congrats, how old are your?
    Mine are 23 weeks old and we still don't have any eggs. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: