I'm sorry.....one more obituary....SHE'S OK!!!

BeckyLa

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
N. Louisiana
This evening, between 6:30 and 7, I went to gather eggs, throw scratch, etc, and every one was fine. I even got to hand feed my 2 month old blue polish chick for the very first time. A little after 8:30 we went to begin locking everybody up and my baby polish girl was gone.....we searched and searched but all we found was a hole in the deer netting at the top of the fence, one stiff whitish hair (probably possum), and 2 little blue feathers on the ground......we hadn't seen anything but deer in months and it wasn't even dark yet. I am so very sad. She was beautiful and just beginning to tame down. My husband feels so bad for me but I know y'all will understand......she was sooo sweet........

Last edited:
hit.gif
Oh No! I am so sorry!
hugs.gif

thank you everyone.....I know y'all understand......and that I feel sooo responsible because she was just a baby and it was my job to keep her safe. She was about 9 weeks old.....such a short life. I must have become......I don't know....I hadn't seen anything in months. Still....no excuses.

Yes, the trap is set. I must catch it to protect my other birds. still, it won't bring her back.....

Thank you all so very much

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom