I'm (sort of) a black cochin - maybe?

Thanks for the help - you guys are awesome. I'm not worried about them being "poor" crosses - I'm not breeding them and these will be working girls (the guys will be attending a special "hot spa and cold freezer" camp and resting). I appreciate the help.

Everyone who said "roo" wins a prize.
Today my wife came home and said "The gold one is crowing." He really turned a beautiful gold color too as the feathers came in. No saddle feathers but he's a he.
My daughters say "He has such a tiny crow!"
"They start out small but get bigger," I told her.

He's awfully small to be sent away to freezer camp. He's like a mcnugget with wings. Ok, maybe two nuggets.

On the other hand watching the others react to him is very cool.

Quote:
Nope. Not a wyandotte. Wyandottes have rose combs and clean feet. The OP's bird has feathered feet and a single comb.

Those pictures don't show it but the comb on that bird is likea very malformed peacomb (due to the angle of my shots it's hard to tell). Given that he has feathered feet he's likely some sort of genetic chicken stew. Which is mildly appropriate.

Thanks to everyone who helped out (even though I guess I could have just waited until he started crowing). The others don't have red combs or walk or stand like this one so I'm hoping my others (which resemble my black cochins, just smaller) are pullets. We shall see.

could it be that he's a frizzle cochin?? just not as much curl as some?? i have a frazzle, and her head feathers look all sparse like his do in the close up... just a thought....

is he a bantam?? my bantam d'uccle just started crowing and it's about the funnies thing i've ever heard... i told my husband and he just oh yeah... then over the weekend he was working on the truck and i was standing there talking to him and the guy crowd my husband bout hit his head on the truck laughing...

can't you just claim it's the dog's squek toy when the neighbors complain??

Back
Top Bottom