I'm still getting bounced out

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by miss_thenorth, Mar 17, 2008.

1. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    I have done what MissPrissy suggested, got my dh to look at it and he can't figure it out either, so I am asking for your advice & expertise again. It is happening at byc and easy garden forum. I will log on, go in and out of a few posts (4 max), before I notice that it says I am not logged in. Or I will go to make my own post, and hit the post button, and it says that I don't have access to this page b/c I'm not logged in.

Any suggestions?

2. ole-crone

ole-crone Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't know if this will help you - but I had a problem because my name had the underline in it. After I had changed ole_crone to ole-crone I no longer had problems.

3. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but it happens to me all the time and there's no underline in my name. It was suggested I delete cookies. Did that. Still happens. Usually have to log in many many times with every visit to the site. I'm getting used to it though...! [​IMG]

4. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    I am bumping you up so maybe someone else can help with this matter.

5. Must Be Losing It

Must Be Losing It Lost It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    I had the same problem where I thought I logged in but when I tried to post I was told I wasn't logged in.

Submitted for a password reset and it still wouldn't work. What finally did it was delete all my cookies except for those I had to keep and then had my password reset. That did the trick.

Good luck.

6. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

When it happens, does the address in your browser say:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum
    or
    http://backyardchickens.com/forum

Notice the missing www?

I've noticed when I come into the forum via a Google search it shows me as logged off.

Next time it happens, check your address bar and if the www is missing, try to add it and see if that works.

7. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I had been having problems with Firefox, but I just went and cleared all my history, cookies...all the private data and I was able to log in just now! I am thrilled! Firefox has a spell check and I sure need it! LOL

8. jjthink

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Quote:Checked this so as to be able to maybe shed light and be helpful. It happens to me even with the www. Just about everytime I go back to the "main menu" it shows I am not logged in. Have to click on login twice to get back in. Just the routine now....no biggie...just time consuming. It's still a great site!
    JJ

9. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for checking that JJ.

The only times I've seen this problem:

1) Cookies are messed up
    2) The www issue I mentioned above
    3) Users have a software firewall or Internet security program or something else that blocks cookies.

My only suggestion after trying all those is to loin from a different computer with a different connection to the Internet and different settings... like one at the library, work, or a friend's house. If it continues then it is probably an issue with your user account. If it doesn't continue it is a local machine / software / ISP issue.

10. jjthink

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Thanks for your wisdom on these things! It didn't happen at first but then a certain day came (don't remember which day..) and it's happened ever since. My guess is that maybe my computer lost part of it's mind on whatever day it began to happen (I know the feeling!). No firewall, www. there every time and I did the deleting cookies thing. Thanks for your attempts to diagnose - likely some of the things you mention will clear it up for others. Oh, and I'll experiment from a different computer at some point.,,,,that's a great idea,,,,,
    JJ

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by