I'm still shaking, WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGES

ChickenCanoe

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Nov 23, 2010
St. Louis, MO
I hated to do it this way. I just sold 10 of my dead pullets to my next door neighbor. They were about to start laying next month. And here is one of the culprits I photographed on a previous incursion onto my property. One was killing chickens inside the coop and one was killing them in the pen. I had left the birds for 5 minutes.
72519_husky.jpg

72519_p1010034.jpg

72519_p1010043.jpg

I lost 2 Blue Jersey Giants, 2 White Jersey Giants, a Black Polish, a White Capped Black Polish, 2 Gold Laced Polish, a Delaware, and one of my favorites a Frizzle Jaerhon
Actually I chose not to include some of the photos.
Domestic animals are the worst predators. I have only lost 1 to a possum. These dogs would have killed till they were all gone.

Last edited:
Quote:
The neighbor lady just came over to tell me she's having them put down. I was afraid they would be over every day now that they had a taste.
And she's going to pay for the birds.
That's not really the point though. Raising from chicks and then about to start laying.

Last edited:
So sorry. That's one pretty but very baaaaad doggie! He looks to have a tag, do the owners know what it's been up to? Scratch that, I think what I am seeing is a broken chain. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about your loss and I agree dogs are the worst. I have lost about 150+ birds over the years to dogs. Some have been my own dogs got rid of them and then other dogs which were also taken care of.

The day of the picture they were toying with the idea of hunting me. There were 3 that day. Today there were only 2. I went into the coop breathing fire and they couldn't get away fast enough.

Gosh, that dog looks like it's part wolf. You can see two links of really heavy chain hanging from its neck. I wonder if it pulled loose from the chain, or if they let it just wonder around the countryside. I'm so sorry that you lost your chickens. I know money can't replace the time and energy you've put into raising them.
www.thewannabecountrygirl.com

Quote:
Probably has some wolf. Looks to be a malamute or husky type. Problem is the dogs were just doing what was natural to them. Too bad but people who get either of those breeds just don't understand they are not pets. While I feel sorry for your chickens, the dogs are going to pay for the stupidity of the owner.

Back
Top Bottom