I'm such a proud mommy!!

Great job!
Thank you (from Tara).
smile.png

Congrats Tara! That is truly a wonderful opportunity. Keep an eye out for any other university programs along the way. Oftentimes getting into one program will lead to other similar opportunities. Take advantage of them all. They are great for collegiate resumes and admissions folks will love to see stuff like that.

One to watch out for is called "Research Experience for Undergraduates" (aka REU). These programs are mainly geared toward college students, as the name implies, but some universities are opening up similar programs for high and middle schoolers. It's a great way to start learning to apply those new math skills to some real-world research projects. Worth checking out!

Best of luck from a PhD in Biomedical Engineering!
clap.gif

Congrats Tara! That is truly a wonderful opportunity. Keep an eye out for any other university programs along the way. Oftentimes getting into one program will lead to other similar opportunities. Take advantage of them all. They are great for collegiate resumes and admissions folks will love to see stuff like that.

One to watch out for is called "Research Experience for Undergraduates" (aka REU). These programs are mainly geared toward college students, as the name implies, but some universities are opening up similar programs for high and middle schoolers. It's a great way to start learning to apply those new math skills to some real-world research projects. Worth checking out!

Best of luck from a PhD in Biomedical Engineering!
clap.gif
Thank you for the info. I have been researching to see where we will be going with this child. She is so bright. She was looking toward the medical field, but I'm concerned with the changes that are coming down the pipeline with Obamacare that medical is not the place to put her brain. One day at a time. I will definitely look into this info though. Thank you very much.

Congratulations to Tara and to you mom!!! You should be VERY PROUD!!! sent you a question on my sand issue...hoping to hear from you soon...alittle panicked as chicks are coming soon...maybe you can look up online what I got and tell me what you think

Quote:
Hi Keltara!
If she is interested in medicine, but doesn't want to deal with all the bureaucracy that entails, biomedical engineering is something to look into. Growing up I was always interested in medicine but I had no real interest in practicing it. I went to college to for Electrical Engineering and happened to do an REU stint in the Department of Biomedical Engineering at one of the US's top 3 hospitals. I loved my time there and with that experience I switched into BME for graduate school. Now I work at a company that supports clinical trials and I interact with doctors, hospitals, and medical device companies on a daily basis.

BME as a field is in its infancy and will only grow over the coming decades. If Tara has any questions about it, I'm more than happy to answer them!

Back
Top Bottom