I'm Such An Idiot! Please Help!

I swallowed metal ball when I was younger to, nothing happened. Our chickens do sometimes get things now and then but have never had any issues for it. Like the others, id wait and see.

I swallowed metal ball when I was younger to, nothing happened. Our chickens do sometimes get things now and then but have never had any issues for it. Like the others, id wait and see.
If it was just a bb or something not pointy I wouldn’t be freaking out so much.

So, just checking. You are going to look for the screw on the ground right...you were just joking about scanning the hen, right?
Then you’ll be posting that your hen had a heart attack!
I have looked for hours. I can’t find it. I’ll be scanning the bedding at the very least.

Why would the pullet have a heart attack? I’ve never heard of metal detectors causing heart attacks.

Chickens are quite...flighty. A very big noise emanates from the detector when metal is detected. My birds don’t like to be within 10 feet of the detector, let alone 1 inch away! The detector should pick up the screw if it’s in the pen. Be careful it will also pick up any kind of nail used in the coop, welded wire, hardware cloth and galvanized feeders/waterers.

Well, I think a loud noise one time would beat be
Chances are if it got eaten it will just get pooped out.
You are thinking worst case scenerio, not wise with chickens you'll go crazy quite soon doing that.;)
You are correct. I always worry about the worst case scenario though...therapist says it's called "catastrophic thinking". :oops: I just can't help it. I love my chickens so much.

Back
Top Bottom