I'm supposed to be a GL Wayondotte, but . . . .

azelgin

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 18, 2008
S.E. AZ
I have a pea comb. She is 11 weeks old and looks exactly like here sisters (legs, feather patterns, wattles, etc.), except for her comb. We got her in April, from Privett's.
5831_pea_comb.jpg

She is the only one of ten with this feature. Do you think there was a mix up with something else? Some kind of breeding error? Any ideas on what she might really be?

I could be wrong.... but I think they can come with a straight comb and some people keep a few to keep fertility high
wink.png

What I have read about them is that they can come with either comb. Mine have the 2 different combs. Doesn't worry me as long as I get some good eggs. However, if you are wanting to show this one wouldn't be accepted but could be wrong as I don't exhibit.
I think you have a real GLW.
yippiechickie.gif

I have 2 glw that have totally diff combs. Apparently it is a sign of fertility and is a recessive gene. Check out posting by patandchickens

Thank you all so much for the interesting information. She is a very social and out going little girl, so we definately be keeping her around, show quality, or not.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom