I'm sure this will get quoted as a stupid question(s)

Quote:
Doves have more control over how and where they fly. They have a longer profile and are also less squat. I don't know how you'd train a quail, but if you do....

....Make sure to tell me how
big_smile.png

AND TELL ALL YOUR ENVIOUS COLLEAGUES YOU GOT THE MAJIC QUAIL FROM ME
smile.png
thumbsup.gif

i'd suggest the pigeons.
wink.png

But on the note that quail can't be tamed, my one quail (getting more, stupid winters) comes when called,Bubbles, knows how to attack people on command and when outside in yard he'll stay by me -food? food?- so theres just my 2 cents on the untrainable quail. lol
tongue.png

Oh oops sorry he's a valley quail
big_smile.png

i haven't tried teaching him to accuratley fly to a certain place at a certain time but he can (doesn't always) fly to certain spots when HE wants too ( stubborn little fella
roll.png
)but yes he does come to me on command (run or fly)

Last edited:
Quote:
I had one that would free range in the day and come back to the coop at night. That said, she also free-ranged to her death 2 years later in my dog's belly
roll.png

Make of it what you will. She was a paddy's market $1 quail I bought for an egg hatching project. None hatched
tongue.png

I had an escapee yesterday and spent the morning jumping fences and trying to keep the little idiot from getting eaten by the neighbor's dogs. Yes, crazy 47 year old women in her flannel jammies with a coat, wild messy morning hair, jumping fences and trying to dig through brush chasing a quail. I am surprised nobody called the cops!

Quail are suicidal. I swear. I could see a magician releasing them to dramatic effect, but good luck getting the fluffy morons back!

Back
Top Bottom