I'm thinking of starting a new secret project...

Jamsoundsgood

Songster
10 Years
Jun 11, 2009
Olympia, WA
shhh....don't tell...

but, I need a bit of help to get it started. I'm thinking of starting a new blog detailing the trials and tribulations of housekeeping while trying to homeschool and homestead (at least my lazy version of it). Or, well, to be completely honest, my lazy version of all of it.
tongue.png
I'm actually not the best housekeeper, and while we're not living in filth, and I abhor clutter, so it's not so bad in that department. I'm not great at the day-to-day stuff and I'm thinking that a blog might help keep me accountable, and give me a creative outlet to boot! So, I'm in need of some suggestions for a name for the blog and would love some. We've got lots of creative people on here, so I know I'll get lots of ideas, thanks!
big_smile.png

If you have children homeschooling, you obviously have more important things to do than keep a meticulously clean home.

As I have heard, as long as the health department isn't knocking at your door. . . .

Before classes begin, set your timer for 15 min. and pick up one room. Do your teaching, and sometime during the breaks, set that timer again, and do another room. It's amazing what can get done when you know you are on the timer. Heloise always said to clean the sink when you are getting done with your shower, wipe it down, change the towels, that sort of thing. Another tip that works for me, even though its a pain in the butt when it comes time to put the stuff away, is to keep a nice basket somewhere and just put the stuff in that that goes in other parts of the house, and one a week, deliver it to the appropriate area.

I multi-task, and its funny because sometimes the four or five things I have going get left when I start the 6th, but I manage to get it all done. My DH is just the extreme opposite, he can't walk and fasten his pants at the same time. He is Georgian, and NOTHING gets that man in a hurry!! Love him all the same though!!
thumbsup.gif

I do Flylady, I love Flylady, I start Flylady often.
wink.png
In fact my DH just asked my to start her again last week. (I used it as an excuse to buy new shoes) I just thought it would be a good idea for me to chronicle the journey this time, I'm in desperate need of a creative outlet, and writing has historically been that for me. I've just not taken the time for that lately.

Do you homeschool? If so, how many kids and what are their ages?

Yes! We just started this year. I have two boys, 8 and just about 7, and two girls, 4 and 1 1/2. We're doing Ambleside Online and I'm finding it, um, challanging to get everything done with my 8 yo. I figure I'll have it down pat by the end of the term, whether he likes it or not. Probably not, but that's okay, since I've already taught him stuff his occupational therapist told me he was incapable of learning. Oh wait! I'm getting myself off topic! Dern it!​

Back
Top Bottom