I'm thinking of starting a new secret project...

My mother has a plaque that says: Dull women have immaculate houses

Good luck with the homeschooling. Though as a public school teacher I *should* be haranguing you for keeping money out of public schools. My aunt homeschooled my two younger cousins on their homestead: raised ducks, chickens, rabbits and pygmy goats. She was able to make math and science more practical through homesteading.

Fly Lady, (Marla Cilley, I think is her name) has a website, and several books about keeping yourself organized enough for a clean house. Her book is called "Sink Reflections" and begins with the story of her cluttered miserable house, and her commitment to keep her sink (and only her sink) clean... and grew from there. It's quite funny.

Yes! That would be a great blog that I would like to follow as I also homeschool & have tried (& tried) to keep things nice probably because my Mother (who kept a glass-house while I was growing up which was OK, but hard at times) likes to come over to "spot check" every once in a while.

Yet, she had an eye opener today as I chose not to worry at all about a few books/laundry~~even some clean UW hanging out on the sofa here and there when she came over. She went through just about every room in the house & even checked out my freezer.
lol.png
She never home schooled in any way & just does not understand. Yet, that's OK in my book now as I am learning to "let go!" so I don't go crazy trying to do everything perfectly which I can't do anyway. Phew~~I can breathe now & it is such a relief. It was actually kind of fun to watch her bewildered expressions build up. (Shame on me.)
roll.png
smile.png

I would love to see your blog as I am finding homeschooling is an adventure & we just may study dust in science, so I am just going to keep some around for all those experiments we might do?!

I was seriously thinking of just calling it "I Don't do Laundry" or just "Dirty Laundry" except I actually do my laundry, I just don't fold it. There it sits, mocking me into spending more time on BYC since I can't actually sit on the couch: it's covered in clean, unfolded laundry.
tongue.png
Oh well, there's always room on the office chair!

Last edited:
Jam, I also homeschool my daughter who is 9. We do Virtual Acadmy and getting it all done gives me a headache. She is hard to keep on task and the list of schooling for the day is alot. I am sure that she only doing 50% does way more than she would in public school.

I don't have any creative names for your blog but would love to read it when you get it started!
smile.png

Quote:
That's me. No problem in the washing or hanging out department, but putting away the clean stuff??? I'm so terribly lazy abou that.

I'm one of those who tends to get distracted from the original task and end up doing 5 things at once, but I usually manage to finish them all. For example, any time I go into the kitchen to cook - the very first thing I do is start running dish water. I always always always wash dishes while I cook.
Then, when the dishes are clean I tend to wipe the table, and hey the fridge is lookin kinda shabby (right next to the stove - gets splatters) ... who knew those cabinents looked so dirty.... hey did I forget to put these potatoes up last payday.... I really need to _____ etc.
My only kitchen problem is that since I wash while cooking, the stove is always still too warm to wipe down and I never remember to come back to it, and then food gets stuck on. Ugh.

I think writing a blog is a good idea. Maybe it would help with your sense of accomplishment. I get kinda down sometimes, because DH would not notice if I EVER cleaned, at least not until it became inconvenient for him somehow (like he couldn't find his computer desk or something).
Sometimes, I feel like I'm highly underappreciated.

My problem isnt the light picking up of the rooms and dishes and such daily...its the main cleaning. Like mopping..washing the walls and windows and scrubbing the shower..all those things....I hate to do them! I need a maid..
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom