I'm tired of being poor!

I have Cannibal the Musical on DVD
big_smile.png

May I join?

In November my biggest client continuously since 2002 stopped responding.. and paying me... after running up a 10K bill... he put me off till December when he bailed... left me over Christmas with no money for the family.. I have been the breadwinner, and we live paycheck to paycheck.

you might have heard of him.. Mini-Madoff..
Not only did he take off with $10k that he owes me.. but that last couple of months is what I irresponsibly use to pay my annual tax bill... AND NOW in the midst of this economic crisis I have to try to replace the $47k a year I made from that guy.

They caught him yesterday... if anyone is interested in the drama
http://www.wate.com/global/story.asp?s=10001408

Unfortunately, I spent Christmas, New Years, My husbands Birthday, Our 10th wedding anniversary and Valentines... on the phone with the FBI/IRS/CFTC, local police and dozens and dozens of investors I had never spoken to before because I was the only one left who knew anything. Giving depositions hours away from home in person etc.. all the while.. not earning a dime.

Last edited by a moderator:
I grew up poor so it's just been a way of life for me never been much to cut out as far as extras. I am very lucky to have made my career in a field that is pretty well reccesion proof and for that I am very thankful. But it would be nice to just once in a while go out and purchase a big ticket item without having to budget for it.
lol.png

Heck, I'm not even asking for any left over. Just enough to stop everything from being shut off and some groceries. DH has been out of work for 6 weeks now and what he is able to get is going towards the house. So I'm filling out applications for whatever I can find. Good luck to everyone
fl.gif

We decided that we really really needed to downsize our monthly set of bills... Plus, family came in and made sure we made our decision quickly.. so
We have gone from a 3 bedroom, 1 bath home- to a 33 foot long Airstream travel trailor.
We had cable tv/internet- now, borrow mom's on laundry day
We did have gas, elec, and water- now, it's all togather in lot rent
We did have a washer/dryer- now, borrow mom's for $10 a month.
I did have a sink that I could put both hands in with a few dishes- to now, I turn on the water in the sink, I spray the front door.
I now have to learn how to cook with propane.-my cookie sheet and over half of my pans dont fit into this tiny oven thing

NOPE.. Keeping my sanity trumps Jim's version of downsizing the bills.
lau.gif
he.gif

I wasnt trying to gripe at ya Henmama, was trying to offer a few ideas that might have been missed.

I got tired of it about 50 years ago. I figured out about then that there was always someone who was wanting something and was willing to pay for it. Haven't whined since.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom