1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I'm tired of being poor!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Robin'sBrood, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Excuse me while I throw myself a little pity party here, but I'm tired of having ZERO extra money left at the end of the month. It's not like I want to buy "stuff" - like purses or shoes, or even clothes - but doggone it, it sure would be nice to be able to put some $ into fencing in our backyard or building a better chicken coop.
    Pout... whine... [​IMG]

Party over. [​IMG]

2. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

3. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    I 'll come to your pity party. Should I bring some cheese to go with that whine? [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Take care of you & yours.

4. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    I'm with you gal. Both work to barely get by.

5. Sock Puppet

Sock Puppet Grumpy Hen

Mar 3, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    I hear you [​IMG]

My husband went for 5 months without a paycheck. Lucky we had a little saved up, but savings only lasted 3 months.

Almost lost everything.

Our last paycheck was a month ago. Just got paid today, its all gone. Not sure when we are getting paid again. Darn Commission Jobs.

But the good side of all this is, I get to see my husband alot:D Its his dream job, cant beat that.

(Got to think positive, got to think positive...)

6. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    "We're tired of being sick.
    We're sick of being poor.
    We've had a little luck,
    Now we want a little more.

Enough so we'd never do anything anymore.
    That's all we're askin' for!"

Bonus points if you can name and have actually watched the musical this came from [​IMG]

7. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    At the end of the month?!? Ha! We are broke before it even begins [​IMG]

We just don't worry about it. [​IMG]

8. Sock Puppet

Sock Puppet Grumpy Hen

Mar 3, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Quote:Im never good at these type of guessing games [​IMG]

9. siz8003

siz8003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    [​IMG] I will join this party.

10. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    i can relate..right now we are living off of 300 a week, and we dont get any sort of help or anything.
    what i do is take what i have, and make it into something special. i cant afford fancy decorations so i either look around on craigslist for free stuff, or i use what i have..a mason jar containing some flowers from the side of the road..a pretty piece of fabric draped an old table..even a homemade cake on a plate that is pretty can brighten up a room. i also think about how i might not have the things i want at this moment but there are so many people who would love to be in my shoes, with having running water, food on the table, healthy children etc. my chickens and goats dont have the coops and pens of my dreams, but they are functional and neat and clean, and they are happy.

i have to admit though, sometimes it would be nice to even break even, if only once in my life! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by