I'm torn here!! UPDATE pg.5

Quote:
That makes a bit more sense. I was just imagining the guy looking around outside for the missing rooster when he hears that tell-tale crow. BUSTED! (Rooster? What rooster!!!)
tongue.png

I would go back and check on the Roo, ask again to take him and offer to buy him...if they say No then call the county that operates the facility and animal control and file a neglect claim.

Poor little Roo.

AND.....if I ever have anything you want, just let me know. I have to come to NoVa all the time because I am my older sister's guardian and I have to come down on a regular basis to do things for her.

She lives near Seven Corners. She SHOULD live with me cause she has MS and doesn't really do well on her own, but she is stubborn, so I do what I can to keep her there.

I can always drive stuff down to you. LOL. I figure someone get me into this really fast, really deep, so it's my obligation to pay it forward. LOL

Nancy

Hi again,

Well, I went to the farm again today to check on "my" roo. They had not removed him from the others but the other roo was paying no attention to him so I'm hoping at least he's been accepted back into the flock. They had put gobs of fresh hay, or straw, in there and nest boxes were full of it too. He was limping back and forth in front of the nest boxes, looking up at them like he wanted to go up. A white hen was pecking at his sore on his foot and all of a sudden he flew up to the nest boxes and settled himself down in one. Poor thing! I think it's the only way he can get comfortable. They have roosts if he had wanted to roost but I bet it's too hard on his feet.

Okay, so I went to the office where two very nice young girls were at the desk. They gave me the card of the man who is in charge of the whole farm and told me he'd be in on Monday. I'm going to go there early Mon. morning and talk to him. I decided I AM going to volunteer in hopes that will get me permission to help him - if I do it on their turf. If that's a no go, then we'll see if there's anything else I can do. e.g., buy him? go to higher ups in the county, etc. I'll let you know how it goes after I go there on Monday.

I've decided I've GOT to give this boy a name even though he's not mine. I'm sure he doesn't have one and I just have to name special chickens who are just one of many, like at the place I worked last fall taking care of the baby chicks. I named the turken boy (the "rare" chick) Stretch and the teeny tiny runt I named Tiny. Sorry, I'm rambling. It just feels good to be here talking to you guys and dealing with this because I have an empty coop here at my house now. Thanks so much for all your support and feedback.

Not sure what that comment was supposed to mean HollieWould
hmm.png

Its good that you are going to do your best to help this little guy, I wish you the best of luck
hugs.gif
Let us know how your Monday visit goes
smile.png

So another little roo has pulled at your heart strings?

ah Ellen.

ML

Back
Top Bottom