I'm tossing in everything but the kitchen sink ...

3 ÷ 2.2 x 25 ÷ 50 = .6818ml this is her dose at 25mg/kg - I would round up to .70ml for ease of measuring.

Tylan50 injectable can be given orally - you surely don't want to stick her 3 times a day for 5 days - that's 15 needle sticks! Tylan is known for injection site necrosis and you don't want to deal with that.
Thank you - I didn't know it could be given orally. I will do that going forward. I really, really appreciate your insight and help.:fl

Someone also said to give Pen-G (instead of the Tylan, which is what I had avail at TSC - Penicillin wasn't avail). Is that going to do the same/similar at the Tylan?

And - I should keep treating her for sourcrop -with the Monistat?

Thank you - I didn't know it could be given orally. I will do that going forward. I really, really appreciate your insight and help.:fl

Someone also said to give Pen-G (instead of the Tylan, which is what I had avail at TSC - Penicillin wasn't avail). Is that going to do the same/similar at the Tylan?

And - I should keep treating her for sourcrop -with the Monistat?
What?

Her crop is not at all full in the a.m. From what I can tell, she’s not eating at all unless I feed it to her - either by putting it in her mouth or by her taking very minimal amounts from my hand. This is what I’ve been doing for four days. I called a vet on Tuesday a.m. but have not heard back yet and the vets where I live are really not farm (horse, maybe) or avian so it’s going to be a crap shoot. Per recommendation of a vet tech/also a chicken keeper, I gave her a .25 ml dose of Tylan 50 inject. Her poop is more solid today but still white and green.
If her crop is not full and puffy in the early morning, you do not have a sour crop. The Tylan as Wyorp Rock said, should be 0.25 ml per pound.

If her crop is not full and puffy in the early morning, you do not have a sour crop. The Tylan as Wyorp Rock said, should be 0.25 ml per pound.
@Eggcessive - I've tried to do a search for Aqua-Mox dosage for chickens but not coming up with anything specific to Aqua-Mox. Can you help? My hen is about 2.5 lbs. Not sure this will work but willing to give it a shot. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom