Im trying it out for the first time!

Reurra

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 11, 2012
Nova Scotia
Ok, Ive got 3 eggs in my Hovabator. 2 more to go in later today, and I'll be adding eggs over the next 2 days as the girls lay them. I only intend to do a dozen or less to try it out.

Im very excited and very nervous.

Ive dated the eggs for the day they went in. I read that the actual hatch day is 21+1 from the day it goes in.

Ive got them nose down, water is on the bottom. Fan is going and turner is running.

Now the wait!......
fl.gif

What should i watch for?
hide.gif

Daddy is a GLW and the mommies are a black Americauna (who laid a pale cream egg), black autralorp Raven and a gold comet Cracker. Tomorrow I expect to get one from my blue australorp Ghost and other black Australorp Dragon.

Last edited:
do not put them in as they lay!! you would have hatches all over the place. it is best to save them large ends up in a cool room 50 degrees, mudroom? till you get as many as you need.

I usually held mine for 5 days and then put them in the incubator. That way when you open it up you can add more eggs and check to see if the others are developing right without opening the incubator more then necessary. Good luck on your eggs. I'm adding my eggs on Friday.

LOL, I only have 5 laying hens at the moment, and they arent laying a whole lot right now.

Ill take your suggestion though. Im guessing ill have around 6 eggs in the next 2 days. That makes 11 with the 5 I have already.

Back
Top Bottom