I'm using chickens to cope with life!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by The Lisser, Aug 14, 2010.

1. The Lisser

The Lisser Chillin' With My Peeps

I am guessing I'm not alone with this "addiction" [​IMG]. I am absolutely in love with chickens, and now have talked my husband into helping me build an incubator for my planned chicken project - and I am on the search for eggs!

My 5 year old daughter, an only child, is going to start school in about a week and a half!!!! She has been in preschool but I think I'm having some anxiety about her starting school - she's growing up! [​IMG] She is a shy child, and I am worried about how she will do in a new school - so I am turning to chickens to ease my worries!!! I don't want to get more animals than we can keep up with (and I already have a ton of animals). However the thought of incubating eggs is so amazing. It is my vice, to bring more chickens into the world. [​IMG]

Anyone else have their chickens for therapy?

[​IMG] Melissa

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I use Chicken TV to clear my mind.

3. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Quote:Chicken TV rocks! I loose track of time when I'm watching. DH usually has to come find me and ask "you ok?" When I disappear! LOL!

4. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    Quote:Me too......

5. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Quote:Me too......

yep! Nothing more relaxing than watching 2 hens get in a 'fight' over a cockroach. [​IMG]

6. Sweet Violet

Sweet Violet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2010
    Vista CA
    Yup, Chicken TV, I'm addicted! Had surgery in July on my hand, have another one scheduled for the end of September. Chicken TV is my therapy!

7. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    just went out and gathered eggs... got 5 today.. .that's the most in one day since MAY!

8. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    look, when i get depressed from school i come on here, and look at chickens or go out and spend time with mine

9. Q9

Q9 General Headache

Stress cannot exist in the presence of four hens battling it out over a fat, juicy grub.

10. TheChickenCameFirst

TheChickenCameFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I can imagine! I can't wait to get my coop started! I need some stress relief....[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by