Im worried about my duck

Brittanyluvsherduck

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 17, 2011
I had two ducks but one of them has gone missing, the other duck seems to be very distraught, is there anything i can do for her? also her beak feels very warm, can ducks run fevers?

My ducks get that hot beak thing And it worried me at first , but they were OK, I'm sure they can get a fever. Is your missing duck just brooding somewhere you think?
idunno.gif

Well, I have/had two Rouen ducks, and Im not sure if they are male or female, but I got them just at the start of this spring, normally they hang around the house all day (i have a pool for them up here) and then they go down to the pont to sleep at night, they like to hide in this one bush. But this morning I was woken up by my duck Claire just quacking so loudly and then I noticed the other one was gone. there were no signs of a struggle with anything like no large about of feathers and as far as I know they can;t really fly far except for like across the yard. also they never leave eachother

It sounds like a predator may have carried the duck away. I hope I am wrong, but the other duck is obviously distraught, and a bush is not good protection from predators.

Foxes, for example, tend to grab a duck and run, at least those around here act that way.

A predator generally returns to where it has found food. Can you put the other duck in a truly safe place?

Back
Top Bottom