Immune system support help

warmfuzzies

Songster
10 Years
Feb 15, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
It seems like we have been sick all year this year. Just as soon as one of us gets over it, someone else is getting it.
he.gif

We dont have any stomach stuff, ever. Just colds. And we all get really bad coughs every time. I know DH gets stuff easily from grain dust. He trucks grain, so he frequently gets ear aches and coughs from that.

But we have all been getting stuff, we have probably only been to Church four times this year. We dont take vitamins, but I try to limit the sugar we eat. We have homemade bread, so not a lot of refined carbs. And I do know we don't eat as many veggies as we should. But I make most of our food from scratch, no microwave dinners here!
sickbyc.gif

I guess this is just a rant, sorry it is so long!!
rant.gif

Quote:
I know this gonna sound weird but have you had your carbon monoxide levels checked in the house? Slow poisioning can make you tired listless and lower your immune system so that you think you are always getting sick. Go get a detector........

It's kinda nasty, but drinking Emergen-C supplements help me. I like to let them set a bit till the fizzing subsides
sickbyc.gif
then it's more tolerable.

Some people, apparently, LIKE the taste!
ep.gif

Yep, increase your probiotics and take your vitamins! Heavens to betsy - vitamins are GOOD for you! If nothing else - take a shot of orange juice each day. I take Flintstones Chewables (only kind I can take that dont upset my stomach) and OJ 8 oz at least twice a week, but I also eat yogurt (low sugar/low fat).

Not only look at what you eat, but also look at your activity level. A healthy body is a fit body. Are you in shape? Do you exercise? Any weight issues?

Don't feel too bad though......I'm working on my second cold in four months. It sucks, but I work with and hang around a lot of different people and bugs go around.

Has your hubby considered wearing a mask while he's working to keep from breathing in dust? I never clean my coop without a mask so it would make sense if he's sensitive to that sort of stuff to take some preventative steps instead of dealing with the after effects.

UC

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! I do get a lot of exercise, but I think we will get some multi vitamins, Vitamin C, and vitamin D3.

DH has tried using masks, they actually provide them at the elevators, but he HATES them, so most of the time he doesnt use them
he.gif
I would think it would be worth a little inconvenience!

I also think he should drop his clothes at the door, in the laundry room, so that the dust on his clothes doesnt come in the house.

Back
Top Bottom