Impacted crop and

Looks like my Plymouth Rock, MayView attachment 2224478flower.
Aww, yeah, it's honestly so amazing how similar so many breeds are, especially when they're young!! I have a third that looked extremely similar (she had a few flicks of white on her face, so my daughter named her Flick, like a chick flick 😂) I've determined she's a cuckoo marans. And, I have Stephen, my lil roo!!! He's so funny and such pretty barred feathers!! Here he is with my Speckled Sussex (or my Partridge Rock, I can't enlarge it to check!) I wish I'd have thought my plan out a bit better before ordering, but Meyer lists availability in real time, and every time I went back they were dwindling in available chickens so I placed an order, then thought about it and researched roosters, saw they had one male left and snagged him up. I definitely could have bred some barred rocks, but oh well!! If I decide to, the Dominiques and Marans will be fine. And I'm sure I'll have plenty of broody hens- I have two cochins,a Brahma and one, maybe two buff orps.

How's your barred's personality? These two, and the Marans aren't super friendly in your face, they mind their own business and forage, forage, forage, but they'll come running when they hear that you're passing out treats and they're not skittish as shown in the pic. They'll fly up on a chair and climb right onto you and use you like a scarecrow arm perch 😂

Attachments

• IMG_20200630_111623671.jpg
    IMG_20200630_111623671.jpg
    882.9 KB · Views: 3
Well, one, Primrose, she is bold and independent, strong to. Mayflower is a bit slower mentality and physically. She isn't stupid, but the place we got her from had boxes packed with chicks, and we weren't aloud to see living conditions. I got and idea though when the skinny little birds hardly walked or jumped. (Aprox. 3 weeks, the guy didn't know their age😡) They all stacked on top of each other, even on an 80% day they were cold. One of our roosters gave them a hard time at first. So it makes sense that they are skiddish. They also weren't handeled after birth.

Well, one, Primrose, she is bold and independent, strong to. Mayflower is a bit slower mentality and physically. She isn't stupid, but the place we got her from had boxes packed with chicks, and we weren't aloud to see living conditions. I got and idea though when the skinny little birds hardly walked or jumped. (Aprox. 3 weeks, the guy didn't know their age😡) They all stacked on top of each other, even on an 80% day they were cold. One of our roosters gave them a hard time at first. So it makes sense that they are skiddish. They also weren't handeled after birth.
Awwwww, so sad!!! But at least they have a great home now!!! I love their names!!

Back
Top Bottom