Important, Please Help!

Oddyse

Songster
8 Years
May 21, 2011
Bristol
My little babies are starting to hatch! I can hear one chirping away, and its cracked out the shell a tiny bit! She?he sounds in stress, is this what to expect from the others too? What a wonderful time though! I sit in front my bator and just listen to the little cheeps and watch them move around! Its better than TV!

Last edited:
jumpy.gif

Chirping is good. It pumps oxygen into the lungs helping expand and hatch. It also gets the other eggs going. No distress here, and it can take 48 hours from the external pip to hatching. You may want to take a break, because I do not think you want to sit in front of it for that long.

ONES COME OUT!!! Do i take her out the incubator or leave her in there? Help soon PLEASE! Thank you

I don't know a lot about ducks, but I've read a lot on chickens and no, you don't take them out. You want to keep the heat and humidity in the bator until the rest hatch and dry out. Someone with more expertise should come along soon and answer more throughly but this may help in the meantime
wink.png

Quote:
You should leave it in there for at least 5 or 6 hours, until fully dry and fluffy. Then into a brooder at around 95 degrees, with water and food (although it probably won't eat for at least a day).

Also, try not to open the incubator unless absolutely necessary -- it lets the humidity out and can "shrink wrap" the rest.

It's hard to do, especially when an active hatchling crawls all over the rest of the eggs and makes them roll around like billiard balls.

So what do I do then? Can I leave her in there until the others hatch? Because I have no way of getting her out without opening the bator!

Back
Top Bottom