importing eggs: any Canadians do it? If so how'd it go?

You can either go through the expense of having the supplier get a form from the USDA, or you can bring a friend or two to the USA and pick up and bring back a couple dozen "eating eggs" to take home with you.....

Hey all:

Trying to find info on importing eggs to Canuckland from the USA.

Can it be done? If so how?

I shipped 3 1/2 dozen eggs for a man from Canada. He had a friend over in the states that they were sent to and the friend took them over when he visited. He was going to set up a P.O. Box in the states so that I could send there but the friend was more convenient. The problem we ran into, and I tell you this so you can avoid it, is that I'm in Illinois and the eggs were being sent across country to Washington. While I did send them Priority mail with delivery confirmation, which is SUPPOSED to be 2 - 3 days, they didn't arrive for 7 days! The friend had already been to Canada and back by then. I felt just horrible even though it was no fault of mine. The man I shipped to was so kind about it but I knew he had to be very disappointed.

OK long story but thought you might gain something useful from it. Best of luck!

Kelly​

I have sent eggs to many a US boarder town and a few hotel lobbies to be picked up by traveling Canadians. None have had problems.

Back
Top Bottom