Imprinted button quail chick want constant cuddles..

Diveks

Songster
6 Years
Jul 14, 2017
Indonesia
Hello so my button quail chick hatched last night, hoping the other eggs make it out. In the meantime im constantly Holding the chick. Its not that interested in food and drinks (drank and ate a bit though because i was ‘pecking at it’ any way to make him/her more independent and wat and drink on their own?

This chick was assisted and saw me the second it got out. I had to assist it in popping out as it was unzipping through a lot of wax (cracked egg) He/she is currently sleeping in my hand under my shirt.

Any way i could bring it along everywhere without my hand constantly in the brooder (a more convenient way)? It seems to be more content under my shirt than in the brooder even still cuddling on my hand. I will gladly bring this baby everywhere (except for when i sleep) at least until its siblings hatch. Could something like a sweater pocket with a heat pad on the outside work?
7B88DE90-0585-49B2-94CC-3BA4D676336D.jpeg

I would try providing it with a mirror until others hatch.
don't know has it fluffed up yet and i wouldn't recommend carrying it in your pocket because if you fall and kill the dude that would be very bad
Ah i see, 2 more hatched but now all three of them are screaming for me. It has fluffed up completely, was in the incubator overnight.

Okay then i wouldn’t carry him/her in my pocket. Maybe spend time on the floor with some type of heating thing?

Just feel bad as they are hitting the brooder walls trying to go to me.

sorry i just dont want you so squish him/her, you will just have to let them cry i guess sorry
hope you find somthing that works.
You can put a small stuffed animal in with them. My chicks love this and will snuggle up to it.😊
Yes no problem, heard too many squished chicks and pet bird stories, would make me feel horrible if i did so.

Oh yeah almost forgot about that! Ill try giving them a stuffed animal. They seem to love my shirt maybe give them something to push onto too like cloth ect?

Back
Top Bottom