Imprinted gosling and lonely goose conundrum...

Mama goose and bubby goose (do not ask) are fine. I think she has decided that the Canada gosling is her baby and her real babies are mine. When I take them out to play and graze a bit, she looks interested, and she will let them walk beside her, but she hisses if they get too close. It seems like she likes them but thinks they are mine.
I wish I never would have let her see the Canada gosling in the first place. She did not want her eggs once she saw him/her, so it was either give him to her or have her ditch the nest anyways and pine after him. Now her babies have no mother.

Mama goose and bubby goose (do not ask) are fine. I think she has decided that the Canada gosling is her baby and her real babies are mine. When I take them out to play and graze a bit, she looks interested, and she will let them walk beside her, but she hisses if they get too close. It seems like she likes them but thinks they are mine.
I wish I never would have let her see the Canada gosling in the first place. She did not want her eggs once she saw him/her, so it was either give him to her or have her ditch the nest anyways and pine after him. Now her babies have no mother.
She may still take them just keep doing what you are doing taking them outside to be around her.

She accepted the goslings as her babies fully about a week ago. It makes me kind of sad because they do not love me as much as before, but this is better for them. All three goslings spaz out and run to me if I say "Bubby goosies!" In a sickeningly high voice, and they love to sit on my lap and play with my clothes and hair, but only the brown Chinese gander baby will let you pick him up. The other two have to come to you first.

She accepted the goslings as her babies fully about a week ago. It makes me kind of sad because they do not love me as much as before, but this is better for them. All three goslings spaz out and run to me if I say "Bubby goosies!" In a sickeningly high voice, and they love to sit on my lap and play with my clothes and hair, but only the brown Chinese gander baby will let you pick him up. The other two have to come to you first.
That is for the best.I was sad when my 2 goslings didn't want to come and see me anymore after I gave them to the adults but to see how close the 4 are made up for it.

Glad it worked out and please post some pics when you can.

Back
Top Bottom