Imprinted...

malankrom

Hatching
6 Years
May 17, 2013
A week ago, I hatched 1 turkey egg out of 5 & it has imprinted. Not a problem, except that any time I leave, he runs the walls of cage & peeps constantly. I have a radio playing & have made him as comfortable as possible. Have tried putting other chicks & even in with my quail for company. He wants nothing to do with other birds..I'm worried he ll overheat or break his neck running into walls... Any suggestions??

welcome-byc.gif
Can you look into getting some more poults for him?

I had two bronze breasted day olds in with 6 buff orpingtons, one of the poults was obsessed with me regardless. Would do the little turkey sound every time it couldn't see me. At first it was cute then it started to drive me nuts. So I started ignoring it and wouldn't play with it or anything. It helped but at 4 weeks still followed me like a puppy when we all went outside.

Maybe a mirror? Not sure, they aren't the brightest creatures. Maybe a stuffed animal?

I've always heard turkeys were not intelligent , but he is proving that theory wrong!! :) he s had absolutely no interest in any type of other bird, butI am going to try a mirror & another young chick, hopefully that will work. Thank you for advice!

Back
Top Bottom