Improving English Buff Orpingtons

The Orpingtons posted above look like Cochins without feathered feet and do not meet the US standard.

The best way to breed to the birds you posted above would be to cross standard buff orps with Buff Cochins. Then go from there.

It says it wasn’t taken at a show in France but the captions are German

Just curious, do you like birds need to the PCGB standard or the German standard? You said you liked the former, but showed pictures of the latter saying you like that. They are different.

So, you are wanting to take English Buff Orpingtons, that do not have English type, and breed them to match the German standard? How do you feel this is an improvement? I thought you said you prefer the English type? Just curious, have you seen any well bred American Buff Orpingtons?

No, I want them to match the English standard, I’ve seen some good American standard orpingtons but I prefer the english standard

In your original post in this thread, you asked opinions on how to breed towards birds that look more like the German standard, and do not fit the English (Poultry Club of Great Britain) standards. Now you say you want birds to match the English standard. The easiest way would be to import birds from the UK, but they might send you birds that do not meet their standard, like already exist in the US. You are aware that different varieties of Orpingtons have different weights in the English standard, right?

Back
Top Bottom