In-breeding

Basically can only go so many generations before problems but back breeding to parents helps a little in the beginning plus do you know if the eggs/babies/grown ones u got are already in breed a bit or not related? Always good to add fresh blood

Can you rephrase the question? Right now the obvious answer is to just not breed related pairs together
I like the way you think but I thought their question was how to manage inbreeding in Chinese painted quail? :idunno....I seriously don't know why anyone would want to intentionally manage in-breeding but there are alot of different peeps out there. :confused:

One method is to split the first generation of offspring into two groups. Inbreed (line breed) each group in subsequent generations without mixing the two groups. Each group will develop a different genetic drift. After a half-dozen generations, or at the first sign of inbreeding depression, outbreed by crossing the two different groups. The whole process is then repeated.

Hi there! After a year, my trio of Chinese Painted Quails multiplied and they are a lots now. I tried hatching tru incubators and natural hatching. Raising Chinese Painted Quails is fun but a little bit challenging. I manage to answer my questions about “in-breeding”. So far, I do not experience yet for any diseases of my quails. Now, I am selling eggs, chicks or ready to lay eggs quails. You may check my channel how I did and doing it. Thanks for BYC, that with the thread I’ve read, I am learning.
Here is my channel: https://youtube.com/@1amvictor?si=h5PKu1ugOVXf9GOT

Back
Top Bottom