In Canada and got WORMS

Badbaby05

Chirping
9 Years
Jan 17, 2011
Alrighty here's the trouble...I seen this morning runny poop with a long white worm (not tapeworm) in it
sickbyc.gif
. I called the feed store and they have one kind of wormer and can't get it for another 2 weeks and it only does 2 types of worms. Called the vet and they don't deal with poultry at all. So...what do my fellow Canadians use and where are you getting it to?? I have found lots of information on wormers but it's been in the US or UK, not much good to me. Canada is strange in what it deems safe and so forth. (Feed store guy was of no help to me at all
hit.gif
) <---this is what I feel like doing

You described a large roundworm...the most common worm that chickens can get.
Here are some product names that MIGHT be available at your feed store: Piperazine (the only 'true' chicken wormer in the US, it is called wazine here.)
These are 'off label' wormers, meaning they are used for other animals but can be used for chickens (smaller doses of course:) Safeguard paste (fenbendazole), Valbazen(albendazole), Ivermectin pour on, Eprinex, Zimectrin Gold, Equimax, Quest Plus, Safeguard liquid goat wormer. Let us know if any of these are in your feed store...I can provide you the dosages.

Finally got the wormer (they had to order it in). It's Piperazine 52. It's telling me to give 400g (the entire pouch) to 320L of water. This is WAY more than I need. At the bottom it says that 1 tsp equals 4 grams.

IF I did the math right it should be 1tsp to 3.20L of water. Plz tell me I did this right! If I didn't can you put the right answer
smile.png

that looks right... moving the decimals around. Best of luck. It can be more challenging sometimes getting chicken supplies in Canada. I can appreciate that!!

Back
Top Bottom