In memory of Hazel

lsnyder6

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 30, 2014
Sierra Vista, AZ
We lost one of our three speckled sussex, Hazel, in January. We do not know why she died. She had recently won the "pet contest" at work as the most adorable pet! She was only 3 years old. How long have your speckled sussex lived? I would like to stick with this breed, but her loss is heartbreaking. :(
Hazel #3.JPG

I’m sorry for your loss, and I wish I could help, but I just ordered a speckled Sussex who is only a chick, and her name (ironically) is Hazel as well.

Oh how heartbreaking. This loss is hard because you have no "why". I'm so sorry. I have a 8 week Sussex named Sadie! She let me pet her tummy for the first time today. I have 28 chicks and trying to hand touch them all is difficult, most won't let me. Get a few more Sussex to help your hurt. This is a good time of year for chicks!
:hit

Oh how heartbreaking. This loss is hard because you have no "why". I'm so sorry. I have a 8 week Sussex named Sadie! She let me pet her tummy for the first time today. I have 28 chicks and trying to hand touch them all is difficult, most won't let me. Get a few more Sussex to help your hurt. This is a good time of year for chicks!
:hit
Thank you. I hope to get three more in the fall. I have a 5 x 10 dog run with a coop to keep them in during the day...I want to make sure they have lots of room. All of my Sussex have been very friendly and will sit with me and sing.

Back
Top Bottom