In Memory of Sidney-Spread the Word

Unheard of diseases are always the worst. I did all sorts of research before buying my GSD and thought I was such a good new owner. I get my puppy home and noticed his eyes seemed to water a lot. I thought it was because of the dust in the air and ignored it, its always dusty here. Almost a year later I looked closer at his eyes and noticed his eyes were covered in a dark film. Rushed him to the vet. Turns out he had Pannus and I ignored it, letting it progress to near blindness. I felt horrible, and still do.

Nothing you did was bad, you gave Sidney a great life. Even up to the end she was loved. You're a good person and she knew that. Her spirit is still with you, alive in all her siblings and your hearts.
Unfortunately I know something about unheard of diseases. I once ended up with a terrible, virulent, and until then undiagnosed and unidentified viral infection in my dairy goats. I eventually lost my entire kid crop that year. Every single kid. I spent so much time at the UC Davis large animal veterinary school I knew every patient in the large animal barn. I was even asked if I wanted the disease named after me. I declined.

Our UPS delivery guy has a blue heeler that is 19 years old close to 20 and still going strong so 8 is a kid in ACD years.

We had a blue heeler, Dingo that we lost at the age of 10 to Degenerative Myelopathy. He was a character. Didn't know an enemy, everyone was his friend. He taught our two border collie mixes how to hunt rabbits.. Never a dog less deserving of such a horrible disease unless it was Sidney.

I'm so sorry for your loss and am sending my love. My friend's dog died on Friday. The symptoms were vomiting and diarrhea, we never found out what was wrong with her as she died while her blood was being taken at the vet. I'll be passing down word of this sickness and from now on keeping my dogs away from sny still water.

Back
Top Bottom