in need of a ID

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by m.rogers, Sep 22, 2008.

1. m.rogers

m.rogers Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2008
    Glen Burnie MD.
    i have this hen and was tould that it was a brown leghorn hen but i just am not sure in the pics you can see she has feathers on her legs and there are feathers on top of the head and she is a small bird. I have 2 other hens that look just like her[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

thanks mike

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  2. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

I am not sure either, but it doesn't look like any leghorn I have ever seen, and I am thinking she is a mix of a couple of different things.
    Her coloring/penciling reminds me of my americaunas but the head and face.....I don't know
    I hope someone can help you out.
    I have had leghorns though and I would be very surprised to hear thats a leghorn.

3. m.rogers

m.rogers Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2008
    Glen Burnie MD.
    the simple life thanks here are some more pics of this bird the ear lobe looks white but is blue if that helps[​IMG][​IMG]

4. kentuckysilkies

kentuckysilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    Winchester Kentucky
    One parent could have been a Brown Leghorn, but the other was probably a Silkie.

5. greenthumb89

greenthumb89 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2008
    pulaski wisconsin
    i wanna say definitly a silkie x the comb, feathered legs, top hat. all belong to either a pure silkie parent or a silkie x parent

6. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    She definately looks like a silkie cross, possibly with a leghorn.

7. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I say Easter Egger X Silkie mix. Pretty bird.

8. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I'd like to say sultain x leghorn or possibly EE or even more mixes. I don't see very much silkie in her due to the light skin, but perhaps silkie was further in the past.

9. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

I would say all of these are possibilities, so hard to tell. I know you want something more definitive.
    I do see something like americauna/easter egger for sure though, just my opinion.
    You say you have three that look just like this though huh?
    Is there anyway of finding out anything about them?
    I wonder if the parents were mixes as well.

10. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Her coloring looks a lot like my brown leghorn, so I think she's half that, especially with the white earlobes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by