In need of breed information

LouLou44

Chirping
Apr 2, 2018
Georgia
Hey guys, it’s Lou Lou. I am new to the site and so far it’s been VERY helpful! Everyone has been so nice, although my breeds are not listed or discussed on here it still gives me basic information .

I am her asking if anyone knows where I could find more information on my breeds :
Radio Kelso
Green legged grey hatch

Can anyone help..

P.s. (yes they are declared a fighting breed. I have rescued the ones I have and plan to rescue more.)

I believe both of those "breeds" are strains of american gamefowl, though I could be wrong. From what I've read (I've never had any) the hens are great broodies, they're good at flying (so you might want to clip their wings), and are great foragers, which makes them good for free-ranging. The roosters are very friendly and calm towards people, but might not do as well with other roosters. This doesn't mean roosters can't be kept together, it just means if you add a new rooster you have to carefully introduce him. They don't lay as well as some of the production breeds, and when they do lay their eggs are small to medium.

I believe both of those "breeds" are strains of american gamefowl, though I could be wrong. From what I've read (I've never had any) the hens are great broodies, they're good at flying (so you might want to clip their wings), and are great foragers, which makes them good for free-ranging. The roosters are very friendly and calm towards people, but might not do as well with other roosters. This doesn't mean roosters can't be kept together, it just means if you add a new rooster you have to carefully introduce him. They don't lay as well as some of the production breeds, and when they do lay their eggs are small to medium.
Thank you! May I ask what site you are reading from.. or where I could get info on them..

Back
Top Bottom