in need of leg bands for ducks and chickens (including feathered legs)

hdowden

Crowing
8 Years
Aug 14, 2011
louisiana
i am looking around for leg bands and have looked at several sites but their are so many to go through. i am looking for what ever last the longest they can be colored but i defiantly need them to be numbered i want to buy anywheres from 50-100. anyone have any opinions on what bands work the best and who has them for a fairly cheap price (long lasting quality). thanks

I have plastic ones i buy at blue seal there 8 dollars for a bag of 50 i think.. they come in 15 colors but... there not numbered.

There great you can always put 2 bands on one leg so you can tell who is who.. i do suggest not putting them on roosters there legs get big and the bands end up snapping if you don't stretch it first.

although i think they are only for chickens...

i am looking around for leg bands and have looked at several sites but their are so many to go through. i am looking for what ever last the longest they can be colored but i defiantly need them to be numbered i want to buy anywheres from 50-100. anyone have any opinions on what bands work the best and who has them for a fairly cheap price (long lasting quality). thanks
Google wing bands. Permanent, meet all your requirements, and can be applied after the bird is feathered without concern for growth..........Pop

4 of the ducks i own have to have idenifaction and also since my kids will be showing in 4-h i want all my poultry to have bands so no one can steal them without taken the bands off

would they interfere with showing at a 4-h show?
I'm pretty sure you can't have wing bands at poultry shows (at least not here in California) you can't show any poultry with clipped wings either, I saw some DQ'd because of clipped wings. I'm slightly remember you can buy all sorts of leg bands on the American Bantam Assn. website. I've also seen people put colored zip strips on the chicken, so it will never come off.

Good luck showing~

Last edited:
my sisters took their pekins (ducks) to the show last year and someone cut one of the wings on one of them and it was dq'ed for that. (we did not cut the wing)

my sisters took their pekins (ducks) to the show last year and someone cut one of the wings on one of them and it was dq'ed for that. (we did not cut the wing)
Yikes! I'm sorry
hugs.gif
I've heard from some friends that they people try to stick Starbursts into some poultry (forgot what kind) cage, later they heard it was poisoned and it died.
hmm.png

Yikes! I'm sorry
hugs.gif
I've heard from some friends that they people try to stick Starbursts into some poultry (forgot what kind) cage, later they heard it was poisoned and it died.
hmm.png
they were the only ones with those type of ducks and its a 4-h a thing so why some not so smart person and mean person did this is beyond me needless to say when my parents found out they were ticked off (im 25 btw lol)

Back
Top Bottom