In need of plan of attack for possible ear infection

Oh, the things we do...
Here I am emptying aqua mox pills into partially hollowed out blueberries, somewhat effectively disguising them as tasty.
Since he is a bantam weighing around 2lbs total, can the dosage be decreased to about 200mg? which is about right considering what I lost onto the paper towel!
View attachment 3218591
You have more patience than I do, that's for sure. Too bad they arnt tablets rather than capsules. What a pain in the neck.

Day 3.5 of the amoxicillin blueberries and we are beginning to experience some digestive upsets: explosive and watery poops that are medium brown in color. Is this normal?

At this point, I have 1.5 days left to administer the aqua mox, but would like to make sure this reaction is normal and it ok to continue giving it to my little guy.

Day 3.5 of the amoxicillin blueberries and we are beginning to experience some digestive upsets: explosive and watery poops that are medium brown in color. Is this normal?

At this point, I have 1.5 days left to administer the aqua mox, but would like to make sure this reaction is normal and it ok to continue giving it to my little guy.
Did anyone answer this request? I’d like an update if you don’t mind. I’m dealing with something similar with my Silkie and have learned so much from your experience..

Did anyone answer this request? I’d like an update if you don’t mind. I’m dealing with something similar with my Silkie and have learned so much from your experience..
Hi Brenda, never did get a response. I only gave him the meds for about 3 days because the digestive upset seemed like a lot to put his little system through without knowing if it was the right thing to do.
Honestly, he still has symptoms of some kind of aggrevation. The head shaking and swallowing hasn't 100% gone away. I have tried putting mineral oil in his ears, ringworm med, neosporin, and peroxide, in addition to the amoxicillin, and nothing has nipped it entirely. He grooms himself a lot, maybe in an attempt to itch his head, not sure. However, the head shaking and swallowing has become less persistent so I do consider that a small win.
I hope you are able to make your silkie more comfortable, and if you come up with any great remedies, please do share!

Back
Top Bottom