In the emergency of a natural disaster where do you move your chickens?

Pics
I am so sorry to hear that this is happening. Fire terrifies me, and I get scared when we burn the (self-explanatory) burn pile in our backyard -- I don't think that I could deal with living only ten to fifteen kilometers from a wildfire for any amount of time.
Muscovy Wunda -- I'm sorry for your loss. Tight hugs and condolences.
Butterscotchbitesfinger -- Good to hear that you're safe, at least for a few days.
I wish that I could say more, but I'm always at a loss for words when this kind of stuff happens.
I hope that you'll be all right, and I'll pray for you all.
Thanks @Sapphire Sebright prayers are always welcome here.

@Muscovy Wunda -- Good to hear that things have cooled off a bit, and that things are okay with you. Cooler weather is lovely when it's been hot for a while, even if it doesn't really fix anything. In times of crisis, any relief is helpful, and Australia can use all the relief it can get.
@Butterscotchbitesfinger -- There'll be more on the way! Prayer and faith definitely help, I believe. By the way, have you heard anything from the person who's looking after your pets?
I really hope that this whole thing can be brought under control, and I'll do my best to remember to keep the people of Australia in my prayers -- including you two, of course, Muscovy Wunder and Butterscotchbitesfinger.
Stay safe, the both of you, and anyone else who's reading this!

So awfull what is happening in too many regions in Australia. Hopefully rains will come soon.

Personally I don't believe that praying will help. Wise decisions, good fireman and firewoman will help. And for the longer term choosing another government who will stop using fossils.

Climate is changing because humans use too many fossils.
This is not just an Australian thing. In my country and everywhere around the world people like to stick their heads in the sand too (is this a good english expression?).

Now is the time , for wind, water and solar energy and planting trees all over the world to change the temperature in the right direction. To save our lives and for the generations to come.

P.s. I only read the start of this thread and a few at the end.

So awfull what is happening in too many regions in Australia. Hopefully rains will come soon.

Personally I don't believe that praying will help. Wise decisions, good fireman and firewoman will help. And for the longer term choosing another government who will stop using fossils.

This is not just an Australian thing. In my country and everywhere around the world people like to stick their heads in the sand too (is this a good english expression?).

Now is the time , for wind, water and solar energy and planting trees all over the world to change the temperature in the right direction. To save our lives and for the generations to come.

You're right there @BDutch , though I appreciate sympathy as well.

We are very unhappy with our Prime Minister at the moment. He is so tone deaf to the situation. He has been doing "tours" of some of the badly affected areas trying to shake hands for photo ops but people are just glaring at him with arms crossed.

( Yep, "people like to stick their heads in the sand" is the perfect English expression for the situation)

Yup. By it’s the thought that counts, even if prayers aren’t helping at least people are aware of what’s happening around the world

You're right there @BDutch , though I appreciate sympathy as well.

We are very unhappy with our Prime Minister at the moment. He is so tone deaf to the situation. He has been doing "tours" of some of the badly affected areas trying to shake hands for photo ops but people are just glaring at him with arms crossed.

( Yep, "people like to stick their heads in the sand" is the perfect English expression for the situation)
Oh yeah and this poor fire fighter who was traumatised by the experience of fighting these fires was sitting there and Scott Morrison kept trying to make him shake his hand and when the guy refused he has now been kicked off the rfs brigade for not Shaking hands with the prime minister. Seriously? I mean what a joke! Our whole political system in Australia is a joke! Scott Morrison went to HAWAII on holidays while his country is on fire! That just annoys me.

@Muscovy Wunda -- Good to hear that things have cooled off a bit, and that things are okay with you. Cooler weather is lovely when it's been hot for a while, even if it doesn't really fix anything. In times of crisis, any relief is helpful, and Australia can use all the relief it can get.
@Butterscotchbitesfinger -- There'll be more on the way! Prayer and faith definitely help, I believe. By the way, have you heard anything from the person who's looking after your pets?
I really hope that this whole thing can be brought under control, and I'll do my best to remember to keep the people of Australia in my prayers -- including you two, of course, Muscovy Wunder and Butterscotchbitesfinger.
Stay safe, the both of you, and anyone else who's reading this!
Yup. He said the smoke isn’t to bad. But we have lost 2 hens and 2 chicks and a guinea pig to the heat. But the chickens may have been lost to a predator.

Guys! It’s raining and it’s put out the fires boaders near us. There is one active side to the fire now. But that’s on the other side of the mountain! We are safe! All these prayers seem to have payed off. I have 0 doubt there will be more reason to use this thread so let’s just keep it alive so we can discuss what happens in our country

Guys! It’s raining and it’s put out the fires boaders near us. There is one active side to the fire now. But that’s on the other side of the mountain! We are safe! All these prayers seem to have payed off. I have 0 doubt there will be more reason to use this thread so let’s just keep it alive so we can discuss what happens in our country
Sorry for you’re losses. Great news it rained. Sorry for the interruption.

Back
Top Bottom