IN THE MIDDLE OF ASSISTING PLEASE HELP

What we need to know is the chick breathing normally?
Well it’s sure chirping a lot of that helps.

In the space above the head, carefully chip away at the shell and using a small kids paint brush and liquid crisco paint the membrane looking for veins, if no veins, using the paint brush tease away the membrane from the chick. continue doing so until the chick moves its head out of the shell, then place back in the incubator giving it a rest and the time to see if it will push out on its own. About an hour or so.
Could I maybe use a q-tip? I don’t think we have any small paint brushes, but I could look.
What if the yolk isn’t fully absorbed? Just pick at the shell until I can see it?

Thanks!

Okay, so, this baby internally pipped saturday afternoonish. yesterday afternoon a made a safety hole bacause there was no progress. when i woke up and looked at Eggo, still nothing, so i chipped away some of the shell above the air cell. i read that you're supposed to use coconut oil, BUT WE HAVE NONE. i know this is probably really bad, but i used crisco. im going to try and get a picture so i can post it and ask yall if i should do more. please help me!
Use some Triple Antibiotic Ointment if you have no Coconut Oil. Works the same.
Vaseline, or Petroleum Jelly could be used too.

Well it’s sure chirping a lot of that helps.

Could I maybe use a q-tip? I don’t think we have any small paint brushes, but I could look.
What if the yolk isn’t fully absorbed? Just pick at the shell until I can see it?

Thanks!
If the yolk is not fully absorbed. STOP go no further, you will have to wait and check every 6 hours. as long as there is no blood in the veins within the membrane chances are the yolk is pretty much absorbed at this point. if it is not making swallowing motions start the assist.

If there is a lot of chirping, chances are the chick is stuck if the head is is in the same position as in the picture.

A q-tip can be used but is not optimal as it is very hard and it makes it difficult to tease things with. Next time you are in a store pick a few up they are not expensive.

0687C9F2-3E97-4DE6-B020-C49447CCF6F3.jpeg

@MysteryChicken should I keep going?

Back
Top Bottom